Who's Reading?

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Week 21: Day 2

I'm all confused with today being Tuesday.  I don't know why this happens every time there is a holiday weekend, but this time seems to be the worst.  I just want to go back to bed!!  The kids also seem a bit out of sorts.

Anyway, I think I'm going to start telling you my weekly workout "plan" on Mondays and then updating on Saturday how everything went.  If I have something out of the ordinary to share, I will butt in during the week, but otherwise look for only a couple postings a week over the next month or so.  Sundays are all "rest" days following my new training program.  (I will, though, post weight loss numbers on Fridays...so that makes 3 posts per week!)


Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Saturday
Firecracker 5K! (28:20)
REST
C25K: W9D2    
30 minute run
REST
C25K: Final workout! 
30 minute run
Zumba!


This is my plan for this week.  Wednesday and Friday I am going to get up at 5 am (what?!?) and see how it goes getting my run out of the way first thing.  If I hate it, I will switch it up next week to evening runs.  I really want to get back outside, and I know this isn't possible with our current 90+ temps during the day.  Next week begins my 10K training program from Runners World magazine.  It adds in some things I haven't had to do with the Couch to 5K plan...like "Aerobic Intervals" and "Gentle Pickups".  Not to mention the 4 mile runs here and there...some 5 mile runs...oh, 6 mile runs.  I mean, I realize it's training to run 6.2 miles, but I guess I just hoped I could get there without actually having to....RUN 6.2 miles?  :)  Ha, ha, ha. 

Ashley!  What sort of plan/routine are you following these days?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...