Who's Reading?

Friday, July 1, 2011

NEW CHALLENGE!!

Remember that little running plan called the Couch to 5K program?  Well, the good friend who recommended it to me has stepped up to make July more exciting!  She promises to be a stronger competitor for me.  Haha!

Ashley and I will be in a friendly little competition on bettering our 5K times over the next 6 weeks.  We are both signed up to run in our first 5K on Monday, July 4th.  We will post our times and I will figure out a way to fairly come up with a goal for our next 5K run.  I am planning to do the East Nashville Tomato Fest 5K on August 13th, and I believe Ashley is still looking for one to do around then in her "neck of the woods" (Little Rock, AR).  We have been friends for many years and have always had a fun rapport, so the blog posts should be funny at the very least.  :)  We will document our training plans and how each workout goes (or doesn't)...you already know I will be quite blunt and honest about my struggles.  I feel confident in saying she will do the same!

We have found a mutual 5K to run together in Somerville, TN, in September, and the "loser" who doesn't meet their goal will be paying the registration fee for the "winner"!  I guess, if we both meet our goal, we'll have to figure out a different way of judging.  Possibly allow the audience to judge based on the 6 week struggles, obstacles, other accomplishments?  We'll cross that bridge when/if we come to it.

Ashley, I would ask you to tell a bit about yourself and your running history...and maybe clarify any points we have discussed about our challenge that I didn't mention?  Also, we totally need a catchy name!  I'll be thinking...you be thinking...we can also take suggestions.

Okay, all, good night!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...