Who's Reading?

Monday, August 29, 2011

Week 29: Day 1

Good morning!

Ohhhhh, frustration.  Grrrr.  I didn't want to weigh this morning...mostly because I didn't drink enough water yesterday and I haven't run since Saturday.  But I did.  And I was disappointed.  Again. 

I have been trying to refuel my weight loss "fire" over the past week.  Reading everything I can on various diets and plateau breakers and ideas ranging from ridiculous to impossible.  Meanwhile, I have increased my mileage and running confidence.  However, if I could just drop at least another 20 pounds, I know my running would improve that much more!!!! 

I don't even know what my point of blogging today was/is.  I know the accountability of coming here and fessing up really, really helped and motivated me in the beginning.  I know I have seen loss ONLY when using this as the tool I originally intended it to be.  I have been incredibly inspired by other blogs I have discovered as well as the friends I have noticed starting up their own exercise regimens and diets via Facebook.  I love it!  It truly takes a "village" to be successful...I have learned (and continue to re-learn) you have to ask for help.  You HAVE to ask for help. 

I'm getting off course, and I'm sort of losing steam as I get distracted by the kids waking up one by one.  Basically, I plan to blog EVERY day this week.  I welcome your comments and suggestions.  I have decided to switch things up this week regarding my foods...I am increasing my vegetables and lean proteins and will 100% stay away from high sugar foods.  I will likely eat fruit a bit, but I am going to try to choose veggies instead.  I will continue my apple first thing in the morning, for example, but I just finished up a bowl of steamed broccoli and cauliflower for breakfast.  I have a 10K race this Saturday and plan to run at least 2 days this week.  I also plan to incorporate some strength training.  Not much, but just some sit-ups and push-ups here and there. 

Today the scale showed 191.5.  This is such a huge bummer.  HUGE.  I will focus on getting all of my water in each day this week, and hopefully I will quickly see that number go back to my plateau of 188-189!  THEN, I will hopefully break through and bust up that stupid plateau!

I did order a 30-day trial of Sensa.  Any thoughts from the peanut gallery?

Have a great day!!
xoxo

Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!

2 comments:

  1. I just want u to know that u have been my motivation and I thank u for that! I enjoy reading ur blogs each day...please don't stop. I get bummed when u haven't posted for a day! You can do it and u will break through ur plateau! Keep up the good work! As for diet pills...I saw success with OxyElite Pro. You can get them @ GNC, but expensive. Search for them online and u will find them much cheaper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Audrey... I thought of ordering Sensa too. I didn't like the whole deal about them needing your credit card number and automatically billing you. But if all goes well with you, I may have to try it.

    You've made AWESOME progress so far and have been a huge motivation to many. Please try not to beat yourself up too hard. I've been doing a lot of reading about weight loss and it seems that you have the nutrition and cardio parts down pact. I'm thinking maybe you should try (if you haven't already) some interval training that includes both weights and cardio namely, 30 Day Shred by Jillian Michaels. The workouts are only 20min. long and just may give you the boost you need in addition to your regular routine.

    Oh yeah... good luck on the 10K. I'm rooting for you :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...