Who's Reading?

Monday, August 22, 2011

Week 28: Day 1

Hello!!

Good ol' Monday.  Luckily, the kids don't seem to upset about my choice of a lazy, lazy day today.  Mentally I have all sorts of motivation to rearrange and clean this house, but physically?  Yeah.  Not happening.  I did start in the boys' room, but quickly lost interest.  I think it's time to paint.

Does anyone else experience this extreme need to move things around?  Frequently?  I have several friends who will tell you that every time they come in to my house it is arranged differently.  I love it.  I love to move things around, I love the freshness of new arrangements, I love the new feel.  I also, however, love new pictures hung and new colors on the walls.  Unfortunately, those last two things can be a little expensive!  Anyway, I think it may be time to paint.  We have only lived here for 9 months, so that might not happen for a bit, but it does take me some time to pick out colors....

I get restless easily.  Unfortunately, my day to day is SO monotonous, I don't get a lot of release for that restlessness.  I guess I could channel it into coming up with new things for the kids to do, but I really feel limited with their young ages and attention spans.  Not to mention intelligence level.  I love my kids, I truly think they are all super smart FOR THEIR AGE.  This does not translate to "smart for an adult".  Right? 

Okay, speaking of restlessness and young children - they really want to go outside and wait for their big brother to get off the bus.  I'll make my point now.  :)

So, my Kindle screen froze.  Again.  This was my 3rd Kindle in a year, and now my 4th is en route to me.  Ugh.  Luckily, Amazon replaces them for free, but unluckily, my 17 day diet book is on the Kindle, so I have to wait for the replacement to get here in order to tell you the meal plan!  I am so so sorry.  I received an email stating the replacement would be here tomorrow, so I will post in the afternoon with details of at least the first week.

Kristin is doing AWESOME.  She wanted me to let everyone know that she did "fall off the wagon" on Saturday.  Friday evening she went out to a concert and drank 3 beers - which she said went to her head way faster than 3 beers usually do!  Haha.  So, Saturday she had a very long day at work and allowed herself to get too hungry, and she ate Subway for dinner.  Gasp!  :)  I told her that was fine, I totally understand.  She ate on "plan" for day 7 of cabbage soup yesterday (brown rice and veggies).  I didn't hear from her this morning, but yesterday morning she was showing a loss of over 10 pounds!!  She also had to do a little shopping because an outfit she had intended to wear to her new job today was too loose to still look good!  I'd call that a successful first week, for sure.

Kristin will do Slim Fast for the next three days (including today).  I set her up with enough shakes and snacks, and we will do an official weigh in Thursday morning before she begins 17 day diet.

I hope everyone is having a great day!

P.S.!!!  i did the random.org drawing today and the E-Mealz winner is Adam Shapaka!!  He has won a 6 month subscription to E-Mealz.com.  Hooray!

xoxo


Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Audrey! I think I really need to get on board with your diet plans. 10 pounds is awesome!! (This was in 1 week, right)?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...