Who's Reading?

Monday, August 8, 2011

Week 26: Day 1 (SFC Day 9)

Good morning! 

I am starting this before my run and plan to finish after my run, just to let you know how I like the new routine.  So, I know I have been complaining a lot lately about the kids, but I am thinking this week will be way better.  Or at the very least marginally better.  School starts back for the little ones Tuesday, and Conner will start kindergarten on Thursday!  It's only a half day and he is off Friday, but I'm really hoping even that little bit will help the crappy attitude he has developed lately.  Plus, I have a few fun things planned this week to help ALL of us with our attitudes!  Ha, ha.

So, this morning, as I mentioned I am off for 50 minutes of interval training, 6 minutes of running followed by 1 minute of walking.  I'm planning to head out Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday of this week to do this in the morning.  The Tomato Fest 5K is this Saturday!  I'm very excited!  A friend who I'm pretty sure will be running with me is a pretty fast runner and I'm considering trying to stay with her!  She finished the Firecracker race in, like, 20-21 minutes...I have never run that fast before, but I was thinking if I could at least have her in my sights, I should meet my goal of 27 minutes or less, right? 

Also this morning I did a weight check.  Ugh.  Back to 190.  If I were going to be completely honest, I would tell you I should probably be up higher than that...however, I was really hoping the extra exercise over the weekend and extra water (and the hot tea) would have counteracted my poor eating!  Oh...I guess it did.  Because I'm not higher, and I likely deserve to be.  I wasn't so much AWFUL as just not good, y'know?  I haven't heard back from everyone, but here are the mid-week updates I have so far

Heather - down 3.06%
Shonda - down 1.53%
Liz - down 0.72%
Bonnie - down 0.34%
Audrey - up 0.80%

Way to go, everyone!!  Just keep in mind we have one more week to go on this, so power through and rock it!!  I am hereby pledging to be 100% compliant this week.  I even told my husband, so he has promised to keep me accountable.  As I mentioned, we have lots of things planned, so it should keep me out of the kitchen and away from the snacks.  Today I am thinking we will head out to the Y for some indoor pool fun.  The forecast is calling for random thunderstorms...I'm not sure if that affects the indoor pool or not?  Tomorrow, the youngest 3 will head off to school at 9 and Conner and I have a full day planned!  We are going shopping for back to school supplies and attending a "back to school" party!  Wednesday is very exciting...we are heading out to a friend's house.  A friend of mine I haven't seen in a very, very long time and my children have never met her children.  Hers are younger, but my kids just LOVE meeting new friends and visiting new places.  They are quite social.  Thursday I get to take everyone to school.  Even if it is only for a couple of hours, I plan to enjoy those hours.  Thoroughly.  Friday we will all be home together again, and I may do the YMCA pool again.  My three month membership ends after this month, so we have to really use up these last days.  Ha, ha.

******
Went for my run...however, on the way out the door, as I went to plug my headphones (earbuds) in to the ipod, I noticed something was wrong. 

I'm pretty sure I remember these things being all attached...

Yeah.  I had forgotten one of the twins discovered he can reach the scissors...he has taken a liking to cutting things.  Particularly coupons!  He's not very good, so luckily he only got to one page before I got them back.  (I'm only a baby couponer, by the way.  I have a binder with all the inserts neatly placed, I purchase two Sunday papers a week, however, I often forget about them entirely and just impulse shop.  Awesome, right?)  So, I didn't even think twice about him cutting things.  OF COURSE he wouldn't cut something as important as my earbud cord!  Sigh.  Ever seen the website www.shitmykidsruined.com?  It will make you feel better in times like these.

Anyway, I was awake and really craving some exercise, so I decided to head out for a "silent" run.  Or I could call it a "bird" run.  Haha.  There are some loud birds in this neighborhood!  I live in a small section with some serious hills that I have never attempted, so I decided to try my first ever hill training.  Now, please keep in mind I have no idea what I'm doing, and there was no time to Google.  SO, I went out for a bit of a jog...down my street, around the corner and down and back another relatively flat street.  Then, I headed up.  Slight incline, feeling good, then I went down a pretty serious hill on another street just 2 blocks away from my house.  Wow.  I knew that one was going to be tough.  I ran to the end of the road and back, then allowed my heart rate to come back down before pushing HARD up the hill.  I'm sorry to not be able to give distances, incline, timing, etc.  The hill took me about 25 seconds to get to the top and the Garmin shows I was running at a rate of 7 min/mile.  The part I was most excited about was to watch my heart rate shoot up to 171 and go right back down when I turned to jog the downhill!  My new running buddy, Ericka, says that is a great sign of fitness - when your heart rate recovers quickly.  I would jog back down the hill and around to the end of a little cul de sac, then walk back to the bottom of the hill.  I managed to do the hill three times and truly feel I could have done a fourth, but I needed to get home for Shaun to head off to work.  Very exhilarating!

This has turned into kind of a lengthy post!  Well, I did want to say one more thing today.  If you haven't checked out any of the blogs on my "blog roll", I want to highly recommend one for you to read!  Slim Katie blogs at www.runsforcookies.com.  She lost over 100 pounds and I really like her writing style...plus, she let her husband guest blog one day last week and he's a good writer, too!  Anyway, I read her blog every day and I love that she posts every day, does not hold back in her posts, and SHE LOST 100 POUNDS!  She is very open and honest about things.  I just wanted you all to know, if you are also on any sort of weight loss journey, she is one to read...and her pictures are amazing. 

Okay, I hope you all have a great day!  I am trying to figure out a way to either get some new earbuds or borrow some until I can afford new ones.  Either way, I will head out tomorrow for my 6 min/1 min run.  I did figure out how to set timers on my watch, so I do always have that option.

xoxo
Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...