Who's Reading?

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Week Thirteen: Day Three

Good morning!  I am feeling SO good this morning!  Yesterday was (*gasp*) another great day, and I am looking forward to breaking my previous record of two pleasant days in a row with a third!!  Ha, ha.

FOOD:  First things first, I got all of my water drank yesterday and then some.  It was close to (maybe even hit) 90 degrees and just downright HOT outside!!  Trying to remember to make sure myself and all four kids are well-hydrated is tough work...and poor Shaun ended up getting sick last night after a full day outside and likely very little water intake.  So, yesterday's blog, I realized I didn't put the day's description before writing what I ate.  Here is the description of TUESDAY from the Scarsdale Diet website (there are many, this is just the one I'm using)

Lunch:
Fruit salad, any combination of fruits
Coffee/Tea/Diet Soda/Water
Dinner: Plenty of broiled, lean hamburger
Tomatoes, lettuce, celery, olives (limit 4), cucumbers
and/or Brussels Sprouts
Coffee/Tea/Diet Soda/Water


My food diary:


7:15 – Activia
8:00 – coffee with Splenda, one slice toasted protein bread
9:45 – orange
11:40 – ½ orange
12:15 – large bowl of fruit salad (strawberries, watermelon, cantaloupe)
12:45 – another bowl of fruit salad with ½ cup cottage cheese, 1 Tbsp sour cream
3:30 – some watermelon and cantaloupe (a very small amount, few bites)
6:00 – turkey burger, some turkey taco meat (homemade), ½ tomato, spinach leaves
The cottage cheese and sour cream are part of the fruit salad "substitute lunch" that is available to be eaten in place of any day's lunch.  I was super hungry and this did the trick to get my stomach to settle down!  Although I was very hungry, I actually didn't feel bad at any point...I think it was just due to the heat and the extra exercise.  When I was trying to lose weight a few months after having Zoe, I decided to start with exercise only and try to incorporate diet later.  Something about working out just makes you justify every last morsel put in your mouth!!  When you see the elliptical showing 700 calories burned, it just makes that extra sandwich or cookie or french fries so much easier to sneak.  I'm very happy I started with dieting first this time...it is actually working, which is the major difference in all the other times in my life I have decided to lose weight.  Woo-hoo! 

EXERCISE:  I went out to meet up with my friend, and I was a little early arriving and Zoe had fallen asleep in her carseat.  I decided to go ahead and try Week One: Workout 1 of the Couch to 5K program!  5 minutes of brisk walking warm-up, 60 seconds of jogging, 90 seconds of walking all to total 20 minutes.  It was awesome!!  I do believe now that the Born to Run book is getting to me a bit...I tried to focus on the awesomeness of the blue sky and the green trees, the slight breeze, and just the peacefulness of my surroundings.  Beautiful!  In the beginning I realized I kind of don't know how to "jog" (long legs=long stride), but by the final 60 seconds, I am pretty sure I had slowed down plenty to count as jogging.  I completed 2 miles, but may have gone over the 20 minutes a little bit.  I was pushing the stroller, and kept alternating which hand was holding the phone/stopwatch and which hand was pushing the stroller.  I am looking forward to this program, thanks, Ashley!!  After that, Zoe was wide awake and wanting to play at the playground we kept going past, so I let her get out and slide and climb a bit.  When my friend showed up, Zoe went back in the stroller with some snacks and we headed back out to the track.  We only got 1.5 miles in before Zoe had had enough of the heat and the being pushed around in the heat.  I felt great, but a little worn out when we got home for her naptime, so I decided to lay around while she was doing the same.  In between all the fruit salad I was eating.  Ha! 

Have a great day!!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...