Who's Reading?

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Week Fourteen: Day Seven

Hello!!!  I have some exciting news to share about the blog!  I have been getting a little bored with the ol' day to day recap of what I eat and what exercise I complete.  This has led me to initiate a challenge.  I have challenged my sister to a weight loss competition!! 

So...starting June 1, 2011, it's going to Sister v. Sister.  We haven't completely discussed the rules, but here is how I see it.

Joann Dunkle, age 29, starting weight TBD on June 1st...restaurant manager, lives with her boyfriend of 6 months?  8 months?  Anyway, lives with her boyfriend, works late nights, loves to party even later nights!  Ha, ha.  Does this all sound right, Jo-Bean?

Of course, you all know me.  Mother of four under 5, in bed by 10 every night, girls night out once every other month.  Saaaaaad.  Ha, ha.  Just kidding. 

So, it will be interesting, to say the least, to see how this all pans out!  I am going to make Jo a co-author here and she will be expected to post updates as often as possible.  She will choose whether she details her food/exercise/etc. as I do, or she may choose to just write a quick "hello, I'm still trying" each day.  We will both weigh on June 1st and post a starting picture of the scale (I think she's okay with this).  I would like to do measurements, too...Jo?  How do you feel about that?  We can weigh in weekly and then the contest will officially end on June 30th.  The morning of July 1st (yes, Jo, you have to get up early), we will both weigh and that will determine the "winner"! 

What does this winner receive, you may be asking?  Well...when Conner was just a month or two old, Joann and I went to some street festival thing in the town of Dexter (Michigan, where Shaun and I used to live) and we bought this super cute sign that reads, "We're not skinny dippin'...we are chunky dunkin'!"  This sign has passed back and forth between the two of us ever since (almost 5 years), and this contest will determine the next owner of the sign.  Ha, ha. 

Please, I encourage you to pick a "team"!  Team Jo vs. Team Aud!!  We are ruthless with each other, so expect some taunting and teasing...

What do you think of this idea?  Excited?  Feel free to let me know if you would like to be in on the competition!!  That would be really fun...I have around 50 more pounds to go (being vague before weigh in tomorrow morning!), and Joann thinks she would like to lose 40+.  Bring it on!!  If others would like to join the fun, I will come up with something cool for the prize...I would hate to lose the sign.  Maybe I could find another one somewhere...

Well, I hope everyone has a great evening and I will be posting a little something in the morning...weight and plans for the next 9 days while I anxiously await the start of our duel!

Ha, ha!!  Good night!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...