Who's Reading?

Monday, May 23, 2011

Week Fifteen: Day One

Good morning!

No suspense for you today...last week's weight loss was 2 pounds!  I am trying hard to be excited, seriously.  I am not sure what happened over the weekend because I really stuck to "plan" (my personal alteration of the Scarsdale diet), but I didn't do any exercise.  Anyway, 2 pounds is 2 pounds and this DOES make a total of 41 pounds in 14 weeks.  Really, Audrey?  Gonna be upset about averaging 2.93 pounds per week?!?  I'm crazy.  Ha, ha.

Well, I hope you are all as excited about The Skinny Dippin' Rally (love/hate the title? need feedback!) as I am!!  I have heard from a couple of friends who want "in", but haven't totally committed just yet so I am not announcing any names.  I think this is going to be really fun and motivating and a great way to start the summer! 

I want to say a couple words about The Scarsdale Diet.  It really was an effective diet.  It was a great way for me to not have to think about things, just eat what was allowed and try not to overdo it.  I think it helped me a lot to rearrange the allowed foods throughout my day, just to match up with my schedule...and, maybe, to have some of the control back?  I'll work through that later.  Ha, ha.  Seriously, the foods allowed were yummy and I didn't feel hungry during the day.  The boredom that set in was quite easy to ignore when I found other things to focus on.  My whiny kids, for example.  Running mainly, but trying to work through why my kids' whining is driving me so crazy has been good for mentally getting out of the kitchen.  Other mothers surely understand, right?  I welcome you all to check out the link if you are looking for something low calorie and mentally easy!!

This week I will do Slim Fast again.  My old friend.  It's been a while and I really want to do a no-brainer before embarking on whatever tricks I will pull for The Challenge!  Ha, ha.  Top secret for now, but I will stay true to form throughout June by posting what I am trying...look forward to a few change-ups.  The next 9 days, however, will be all Slim Fast.  My official weigh in on June 1st will serve as my "monthly weigh" which will involve the instructions for pledge donations. 

I am beginning Week 3 of the Couch to 5K program.  Very exciting.  I felt SO good on Friday evening when I finished Week 2!!  I am very much looking forward to this week.  Those who are ahead of me might be snickering, but I think I am ready.  Ha, ha.  I downloaded Week 3's mix from DJ Steve to my ipod and I plan to either hit the track when Shaun gets home or drive out to the new gym in our area that gave me a month free!  I really hate treadmill running, so let's pray the rain goes away.

Have a great day!!  Please don't hesitate to contact me, either on Facebook or email aldunkle@msn.com, if you would like to join up with the SDR!  Also, to give your feedback and input on the name...I want something cute and creative and I took the name from the prize sign.  Biggest Loser is already taken.  Ha, ha!  If you have no idea what I'm talking about, though...well, go here.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...