Who's Reading?

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Week Fifteen: Day Two

Good morning!  I am having a fabulous day thus far...it's only been happening for thirty minutes, so I do recognize the potential for "jinxing", but I feel pretty confident about today.  Ha!

I just wanted to say two quick things this morning...

1.  Last night I didn't want to drink my second Slim Fast shake after my workout because it has (energy) calories in it and I was feeling plenty energized for 6:00 pm.  I didn't want to eat a Meal bar because they are 200 calories and I just felt so good after my run, and I wasn't hungry, I was just eating because I knew I could get hungry later.  All of this to say, I have decided to mix up my Slim Fast and Special K plans this week (9 days)!  I will do Slim Fast for breakfast, lunch set aside from the dinner I prepare the night before, and cereal for dinner.  I am eating fruit and vegetables throughout the day as snacks, and I have one box of Slim Fast snack bars if I need them.

2.  I successfully completed my first workout for Week 3 of Couch to 5K!!!  It was hard, I'm not going to lie.  Week 3's three workouts consist of a 5 minute brisk walk, 90 second "jog", 90 second walk, 3 minute "jog", and 3 minute walk...repeat everything after the warm-up once and you're done!  Running/jogging for 3 minutes in a row is interesting...it was tough, but I promise you I did it!  No stopping early, no breaks...it felt SO good!!  I did an extra cool down lap and ended at 2.25 miles.  Not too sore this morning, and I am really excited about getting out there again tomorrow.  I have decided, for this week, if I'm not completely comfortable with the whole routine after Friday's workout, I will do it again Sunday.  Next week, Tuesday/Thursday will be good for me to commit to running, but I am going to have to find someone to help me out over the weekend in order to find time...anyway, focusing on today!  Today I will not do an official workout, but Zoe and I have some big plans so I will be on my feet moving all day. 

Well, for dinner last night I made "Baked Ziti Florentine".  Except I used Rigatoni noodles.  So, maybe Baked Rigatoni Florentine?  According to Shaun and the boys it was delicious, and I am so excited about my serving for lunch today!!  I did the math and set aside a serving that should be about 300 calories...and a piece of garlic bread.  Mmmmm.  Recipe below...

Have a great day!

xoxo

Baked Noodle Florentine!
16 oz. box of pasta (original recipe calls for ziti, I used rigatoni)
1T olive oil
3/4 t salt
1 large onion, diced (didn't have, used onion flakes)
1 lb. ground beef (I used ground turkey...it was on sale!)
3 cloves garlic - minced (again, didn't have...used garlic powder)
24 oz. jar pasta sauce
1/2 c. Parmesan cheese
15 oz. ricotta cheese (my calorie count is using "whole milk" ricotta, could use skim)
10 oz. frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry (oops, didn't read that part last night.  I thawed it,
               practically cooked it, and drained)
8 oz. mozzarella

Prepare pasta according to package directions.  Heat oil in large pot (used skillet, no oil/just cooking spray).  Add onion and salt.  Cover & cook 5-7 minutes until onion is soft.  Add beef; cook until no trace of pink remains.  (Okay, here I just browned my ground turkey, sprinkled with onion flakes and garlic powder in a skillet).  Add garlic & cook 2 min.  Add sauce & heat 3 min.  Remove from heat.  Add cooked pasta, Parmesan, ricotta, & spinach.  Toss to combine.  Spread in a sprayed 9x13 dish and sprinkle with mozzarella.  Bake @400 until cheese melts, about 15 minutes.

WELL - I combined the parmesan, ricotta, and spinach in a bowl to the side.  The meat and sauce were combined in the skillet.  I put the cheese mixture in the dish first, then the noodles, stirred those up, then added the meat/sauce mixture and stirred it all up.  I didn't use the whole package of shredded cheese because about 3/4 of the package was enough to cover the dish. 

Sorry for all the changes!!  I guess I'm getting a little "cocky" in my cooking and feel I know best.  Ha, ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...