Who's Reading?

Monday, May 16, 2011

Week Fourteen: Day One

Good morning!!  We have some icky weather here in Nashville, so I'm trying to get myself pumped up for a third day of keeping the kids IN.  Whew.  Not my favorite situation to be in.

Well, I (somewhat) successfully completed one week of The Scarsdale Diet!  Saturday night we had some friends over for play time and dinner...I totally ate 2 cookies!  My friend brought over some whole wheat oatmeal chocolate chip cookies that looked flat out delicious and called my name until I quieted them!  Ha, ha.  Outside of the two cookies and a little dressing on some salad, I really was good, though.

FOOD:  I took the "menu" for this week and sort of rearranged the food and the times it would be eaten each day.  Basically, I don't like eating a lot at dinnertime.  It is easier for me to prepare food for everyone's dinner and then get out of the kitchen.  I also feel like eating more a little earlier in the day sets me up for a less stressful afternoon...last week, each afternoon I would just be wanting to snack on anything I could find.  I would resist, but then there would be days like Friday: Cheese Day and I would just go nuts with the "all you can eat" food that was allowed.  Crazy girl!  So, for Sunday, the website calls for this:

Lunch:
Cold or hot turkey or chicken
Tomatoes, carrots, cooked cabbage, broccoli or cauliflower
Grapefruit, or fruit in season
Coffee/Tea/Diet Soda/Water

Dinner:
Plenty of broiled (grilled) steak, all visible fat removed before eating; any cut of steak you wish- sirloin, porterhouse, London broil, etc.
Salad of lettuce, cucumbers, celery, tomatoes (sliced or cooked)
Brussels Sprouts
Coffee/Tea/Diet Soda/Water
 
My food diary:  (which I am also keeping track of at www.sparkpeople.com now, too!)
 
7:00 - banana, apple, coffee with Splenda
9:00 - orange
9:30 - 3 slices of cold turkey lunchmeat
12:30 - Perdue Short Cuts chicken, carrots
2:30 - 3 slices of cold turkey, one slice toasted protein bread
4:00 - green tea, apple
6:30 - steak (not sure the "cut", but it was stew meat), spinach leaves, broccoli
 
Good job, right? 
 
EXERCISE:  Here is where I am starting to get excited.  I completed week one of Couch to 5K.  It was actually great!  I went out Sunday morning at 8:00 am and got my workout done early.  The rest of the day was so nice to know I had already completed it!!  I have downloaded music to my (mother's day gift) ipod that corresponds with the walk/run time for week 2.  This week is 5 minute warm up, 90 seconds run, 2 minutes walk...the music changes at each time interval.  Cool, right?  I'm looking forward to not staring at my stopwatch.  Ha, ha.  I got the download at this site (totally free!).  DJ Steveboy!  The best part (for me) is the music doesn't have words, so no more embarrassing myself as I run and sing around others! 
 
Well, last week I hoped for more, but i am quite happy with the results anyway.  I lost 3 pounds...this brings today's weight to......
 
199.5!!!!  Now to stay in the 1's and never re-enter the 2's!!!  Yee-haw!
 
Have a great day!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...