Who's Reading?

Monday, April 18, 2011

Week Ten: Day One

Good morning! 

Week "double-digits"?!?  Hooray! 

Yesterday was a great day.  I'm not speaking diet-wise because I was super hungry and the cabbage soup is affecting me in a way it never has before and all the fruit was making my tongue hurt!  However, the church sermon also affected me in a new way, and I talked to some friends I haven't spoken to in a few months and they led me to change things up a little bit.

So much to think about...so many kids running through the kitchen as I attempt to type this...

I will post a separate blog later today about the "change".  It will concern the weight loss pledges.

FOOD/DRINK:  I think I said quite a bit above, right?  Fruit all day, a few bowls of cabbage soup.  Three apples, a fresh pineapple, one canteloupe, two pounds of strawberries, one pint of blueberries.  Whew!  Also, the chocolate covered glazed donut coffee is ridiculously good.  I mean, WOW.  I had about three bowls of soup and drank water, water, water.

EXERCISE:  BOOOO to me!!  Other than walking around Wal-Mart for an hour (can I count this?!), and parking super far from everywhere I went yesterday - nada.  I fully intended to get out there, but the kids really didn't nap at a good time and then I just kept finding things I needed to do!  Excuses, excuses, excuses.  I am taking the kids to the park today for a little picnic, so I'll see if I can get them to walk the track with me for a bit.  I did find a little workout to do on my off-days (Monday, Wednesday, Friday), so maybe I can do that at the park while they play!

I'm going to include a recipe for the dinner I made the kids and Shaun last night.  There was not one bite leftover and everyone was mmmm-ing throughout.  Zoe even ate two full plates!!

SMOKEY ORANGE CHICKEN (I halved this recipe)
6-8 chicken breasts
1 cup Orange Marmalade
2 T Liquid Smoke
2 T Soy sauce

Place chicken breasts in baking dish (I used my Pampered Chef Deep-Covered Baker!), season with salt and pepper.  In a small bowl, mix marmalade, liquid smoke, and soy sauce.  Pour over chicken and bake at 350 (uncovered) for 35-40 minutes. 

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...