Who's Reading?

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Week Nine: Day Three

Goooooood morning!!

I have to be honest today.  Last night I had a Girls' Night Out with a few friends and we had a few adult beverages.  Maybe a couple more than a few.  :)  Good times!  Much needed break!  Paying for it this morning!

FOOD AND DRINK:  Yesterday I had my smoothies at breakfast and lunch as usual.  However, I switched things up a little bit.  I had a banana in the morning with my coffee, then the first smoothie at 8:45.  I hoped this would hold me a little longer than it does when I drink it by 8.  It definitely worked...I was planning to take a long walk with Zoe during the day, but she ended up taking a nap at the right time and she looked to be enjoying it so much I decided to join her!  What I didn't do was drink my lunch smoothie BEFORE laying down, so it was almost 3 before I drank it!  I was feeling way hungrier than I usually do, so I realize I waited too long.  When I picked up the boys, we went to the park for about an hour before coming home to make dinner.  Onion smothered pork chops and rice.  Mmmmmm.  I did eat dinner at home so I wouldn't be tempted to eat the bowling alley food.  As delicious as it began smelling after a couple beers....I was able to resist.  The nightcap, however, at Buffalo Wild Wings did lead to some boneless wing eating.  Oops!

I confess to all of these extra calories because I think it's important to remain honest and real here.  I hear people often using excuses for "cheating" and giving themselves a night or day (or both!) off from their diet, and I really started this deal with the thought of NOT doing that to prove it can be done.  It's not that I have changed my mind and now think it is not possible...I do, however, recognize real life is going on all the time and you can't sacrifice yourself entirely or you will go crazy!  With all of the drama last week when the power was out for a full day, my daily drama of chasing four small children, the regular drama of just being a human in this day and age!!  All of these factors can make a person crazy!  I'm sure this isn't news to anyone, right?  My point is if you don't indulge on occasion, you will lose your mind with all the daydreams and fantasies of how much "fun" everyone else must be having.  I hope I am making sense here!

All of this to truly say, as much as I want to chow down for breakfast on something greasy, I am sitting here with my cup of coffee, 20 ounce glass of water, and a banana.  I will have my smoothie before heading out the door to Bible study and I know I will make it through this day just fine.  When I got home last night I drank two full glasses of water before bed, so I am not feeling "it" as badly as I could be.  Also, I think it's important to note I had a driver last night, so I was not behind any wheels!

I hope everyone has a wonderful day!! 

xoxo

1 comment:

  1. If you withhold things you like you are just just setting yourself up for failure. I don't think it's failure, just being realistic that there are a lot of YUMMY bad for you things out there!

    Congrats on all of your success. I need to start following in your footsteps and start working to get this last baby weight off. UGH.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...