Who's Reading?

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Week Nine: Day Two

Good morning! 

Yesterday went well.  I really enjoyed eating with the family for dinner again!  We had cheeseburger pizza and vegetables...the pizza recipe will be below.  It was SO good.  Mmmmm.

FOOD AND DRINK:  Right Size smoothies in the morning and early afternoon!  I mentioned the sale on strawberries last week and we are still working through all of those, so we had strawberries for an early snack.  The kids ate lunch outside in the BEAUTIFUL sunshine and I ran between inside and outside filling requests for more juice, more sandwiches, more strawberries.  My own personal trainers!  Ha.  Eating the smoothie for lunch was a little tough for me because I was kind of hungry, but knowing dinner was right around the corner helped!  I ate a Yoplait Light yogurt for afternoon snack while I prepared our pizza and then practiced some new eating habits at dinner.  See the "tips/issues" section.  Drank all my water and very mcuh enjoyed my coffee in the morning.  :)

EXERCISE:  I don't remember if I mentioned it yesterday, but I DID officially register for the Women's Half Marathon in September!!  You can check it out at www.womenshalfmarathon.com/nashville, if you'd like.  I downloaded the training program and it will begin June 21st.  Leading up to that day, I have committed to walking 45-60 minutes 3 times per week.  Tuesday/Thursday/Saturday.  Exciting!  A little intimidating! 

TIPS/ISSUES:  My new eating habits involve some pretty basic practices.  Fork down between bites.  With pizza, I set the slice down after each bite.  Drink of water between bites.  Fully chewing each bite (I didn't count chews, but I tried to savor each bite fully).  Making it a point to finish my glass of water along with my meal.  I made sure the meal was ready and everyone's plates were served before we all sat down.  We all chatted and laughed through dinner and it was a successful meal!  I was commenting to my husband about how I would have finished off the remaining 4 (very big) pieces in the past...and felt super guilty about it later.  BUT, this time I just packed Shaun a lunch for tomorrow (today) and put the other piece in tupperware for the kids to snack on this afternoon.  AND FELT ZERO GUILT!

I hope you all have a great day.  I am headed to the park after dropping off the boys at school for a full hour "brisk" walk!  Wish me luck!

xoxo

Cheeseburger Pizza
1 can pizza crust
1 - 1.5 pounds ground beef
1 cup chopped onion
2 garlic cloves, pressed
1 T Worcestershire sauce
2 T ketchup
2 T mustard (did you know mustard has no calories?!?)
8 ounce package shredded pizza cheese
(the recipe mentions using "toppings" like you would on your cheeseburger, but I just kept it simple with nothing additional.  the suggestions are lettuce, pickle slices, and chopped tomato.  Yum!)

Pre-bake pizza crust per package directions.  Cook first 3 ingredients in large skillet over medium heat until beef crumbles and is no longer pink; drain.  Stir in Worcestershire sauce.  Combine ketchup and mustard; spread over pizza crust.  Sprinkle with half of cheese.  Top with beef mixture and remaining cheese.  Bake at 450 for 8 minutes.  Sprinkle with desired toppings

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...