Who's Reading?

Friday, April 22, 2011

Week Ten: Day Five

Good morning!

It feels like a Saturday to me because Shaun is home, but then I remembered - it's Good Friday!! 

FOOD: Yesterday was ground beef and tomatoes day.  Remember how excited I was in the morning?  That did not last.  I think I may have to wait several months before trying this meal plan again.  Whew.  I had a bowl of cabbage soup with ground beef stirred in for "breakfast".  It was delicious and filling.  The boys had school yesterday, and Zoe and I drove out to visit with my grandfather.  It was nice to see him, and I really didn't feel hungry at all the entire morning.  Well, even in to the afternoon!  We got home about 2 and played for a bit before leaving to get the boys a little before 3.  I felt like I should eat something because I hadn't eaten anything since that breakfast, so I heated up some ground beef I had cooked the night before.  It was very tasty, but I really wasn't excited about it.  For dinner last night we had "Pick Your Plate".  Basically anything leftover in the fridge was warmed up and put on a plate...then the kids got to pick which one they wanted to eat!  I also made some quesadillas and biscuits.  Random?  Yes.  Fun?  Yes.

I am heading to the grocery store this morning to get some steak and vegetables!  This is my favorite day on this diet plan.  All you can eat beef and veggies.  We are having friends over this evening for an egg hunt and dinner, so the grill may be going all day long.  Good times!  Also, I see there is quite a great sale at Publix on Special K, so I'm going to stock up for next week.  I think I may even do it for 2 weeks before embarking on the ol' 17-day diet.  We'll see.

EXERCISE:  I took Zoe for a walk yesterday!  Woohoo!  I would guess we walked for about 25 minutes.  I focused on not taking it slow and trying to get my heart rate up a little bit.  I am having to "guess" because I checked the time when we left and when we got back, but forgot to check how much time we spent playing at the little playground.  I know it wasn't 60 minutes, but it was something which is better than nothing. 

Have a great day!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...