Who's Reading?

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Week Eight: Day Four

I have to type this super quickly this morning because there is a full day ahead of me!!

FOOD AND DRINK:  Right Size smoothies for breakfast and dinner were just the ticket to get through yesterday!  Would you believe I made Sloppy Joe Tater Tot Casserole for the family last night and didn't even sneak a bite??  It smelled so good.  I do have a serving set aside for myself for lunch today.  Baked in a 13x9 pan, cut into 12 pieces and the calorie count of each serving is only 328!  I have been eating spinach every day, and have failed to mention that as a tip!  Sorry!!  Holding out, I guess.  :)  I had read or heard that spinach is better for you than regular ol' iceberg lettuce, so I bought a pack and tried it out.  I just bought the pre-washed bag.  What I love about spinach?  1.  Keeps for a long time!  2.  Hardly any calories!  3.  Super good crunch!  I made a "grilled" sandwich last week with 100-calorie thin whole wheat bread "rolls" sprayed with cooking spray, 1/4 cup of cheddar cheese split between the two slices - toasted this, then put a bunch of spinach leaves in the middle!  YUM.  And only 210 calories (because I don't even count any for the spinach, it's like 20 calories for 2 1/2 cups).  One day I added 1/2 a can of tuna to that concoction, another day put some lunchmeat in the middle.  Very satisfying.  I figured out if you "grill" it - or at least melt the cheese somehow, I don't even miss the condiments!  I'm a mayonnaise girl through and through (not Miracle Whip), so I thought that would be super hard for me.  Not bad!

EXERCISE:  DVD still missing.  I picked up a little magazine at the grocery store last week about walking...yes an entire magazine about walking!  Ha.  It has lots of tips about how to increase your daily steps, so I have been thinking about those throughout my day and really trying to focus on taking extra steps.  I have a couple of items I need to invest in - one being a blender to try out some of those Right Size "recipes", and two being a pedometer!  I got pretty excited reading all of the benefits to just walking and making it a point to increase your daily step count.  Also, I am signing up for a half-marathon in September!!!!  Signing up this week.  Running in September.  Some good friends and I are planning to start training at the first of May, and I am so very excited.  It has never been a goal of mine to run a marathon (of any length), but this is a goal I am ready to set!

TIPS AND ISSUES:  Harris Teeter has strawberries on sale 4 pounds for $5 and they are the most delicious strawberries I've ever eaten!!!  Major tip.  Ha, ha! 

Breakfast requests are being shouted from the living room...time to officially begin my day! 

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...