Who's Reading?

Friday, April 8, 2011

Week Eight: Day Five

Good morning!

FOOD AND DRINK:  Still very pleased with these Right Size smoothies!  Very pleased.  I still don't have a blender, so I am simply mixing about 10 ounces of skim milk with one scoop of powder - in my fancy Right Size "blender" cup?  I forgot exactly what they call it, but it's a re-usable cup with lid and drink spout that has a cool ball in it which helps mix when you shake it!  Fun!  For lunch I ran home quickly to chow on my serving of Sloppy Joe Tater Tot Casserole.  Wow, yum.  SO yum.  I'm going to include the recipe below not because it is overly nutritious, but I know I have some mommy-friends who follow this blog and it is GREAT for kids!  And husbands!  Drank all my 100 ounces of water, ate an apple and some strawberries throughout the day...a successful day, for sure!

EXERCISE:  Yesterday I had to deliver an extra edition of the magazine I deliver once a month, so the boys went to daycare and a good friend watched my baby girl.  I made it a point to park away from each building (rather than pulling up in the fire lane), ran when I wasn't carrying 50+ magazines, tightened my stomach as I bent over to floor racks...I felt good (and exhausted!) by the end of the day.  I still haven't found the DVD.  :(  Today's plan is to go on a nature hike at Edwin Warner Park, so there is some little bit of exercise planned, but I do intend to tear the house apart looking for that stinking video!!  30 days is up on Tuesday and I really want to end being as diligent as I was in the beginning!!

Obviously, since I don't post pictures every day, you can't see the difference, but I really am starting to see it!  My friends at Bible study this week even commented!  I'm pretty sure I don't have to tell you how appreciative my husband is.  :)  I snuck a peek this morning at the scale, but I am not sharing until Monday - my official weigh-in!  I will also post pictures that morning - in the green shirt/brown pants outfit.  Those brown pants, by the way, are quite loose...hooray!

Have a great day!
xoxo

Sloppy Joe Tater Tot Casserole
1 pound ground beef or turkey
1 small onion, chopped
16 ounce (I could only find 12 ounce) frozen corn, thawed
15 ounce can of Sloppy Joe sauce
8 ounce pkg shredded cheddar cheese, divided
32 ounce bag frozen tater tots

Cook ground beef and onions until done, drain.  Combine beef mixture, sloppy joe mix, and 1 1/4 cup of cheese.  Pour into sprayed 13x9 dish.  Top with enough tater tots to cover casserole, and remaining cheese.  Bake at 350 for 40 mionutes or until bubbly.  (I needed 45 minutes and then even broiled it for a minute or two to make the tots brown, but I had refrigerated the casserole before baking it).

1 comment:

  1. WOW! I haven't seen you or a pix of you since I came over with the refrigerator but you have lost inches along with everything else! Congratulations!! xxoo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...