Who's Reading?

Monday, April 4, 2011

Week Eight: Day One

Good morning!!  As I sit down to type this, I am enjoying my very first Right Size Smoothie.  It's pretty tasty!  I have the Lean Cocoa Bean flavor and mixed it with just skim milk this morning.  I'm excited to see how it affects my appetite...also, the guy on the phone assured me it has the same amount of caffeine in it as half a cup of coffee.  I am skipping my usual cup of coffee this morning just in case, though.

Well, I haven't weighed myself "officially" since Week Five: Day One.  During Atkins, I was feeling so negative and every time I would check my weight was either up a couple pounds or maintaining at 220.  Boooo!  This morning, however, I was very pleased to see 7 pounds gone!!  I have said I will consider 8 pounds a month as success, so I'm thinking this month should be a good one.  :)  One more week and I only need to lose one pound.  Yeehaw! 

FOOD and DRINK:  I wanted to say I was a little sick of Special K cereal yesterday.  I think that was only due to the fact I ran out of my "special" kinds and was only eating the regular.  Boring.  Plus, the kids ate all my bananas and we finished up the strawberries, so I didn't even have any fruit around to add to the cereal!  I did have a small success story to share.  I have mentioned before that the kids have not had any fast food since I started this plan.  This is a great thing for my family...we were really using that as a weekly (and sometimes twice weekly) "crutch".  Well, yesterday was a full day - I worked the nursery during second service, so we were at church from 8:45 - 12 noon; Conner and I had tickets to see Cats at 1:00 pm; I had to drive out to LaVergne (about 30 mins) to get a disc for my computer - so, I ended up having to stop at McDonald's for Conner between Cats and LaVergne.  Add to this the fact I was only able to cram in a sandwich between church and Cats because I hadn't prepared ahead of time...well, McDonald's smells really, really good at the drive-in window.  Mmmmm!!  I was remembering how delicious their burgers are...and don't get me started on the french fries!!!  I ordered Conner's hamburger happy meal with apple dippers, all the while thinking I was going to just blurt out "and a #2!!".  Guess what?  I stopped with the happy meal.  Conner very happily ate his entire hamburger and full pack of apple dippers, and I very happily munched on an apple I remembered in my purse.  It was a good day.

Today marks day one of the Right Size smoothies.  My plan is to sort of treat this like Slim Fast.  I will do a smoothie for breakfast, fruit for snack, lunch will be a serving from the night before's dinner, 100 calorie Yoplait yogurt for afternoon snack, and a smoothie for dinner.  I haven't decided on the late snack just yet.  Maybe keep some vegetables on hand if I get the munchies.  There really aren't any instructions on the canister of powder for this "diet".  It's supposed to suppress your appetite AND enhance weight loss with it's combination of vitamins and supplements. 

EXERCISE:  I plan to continue this, for sure.  April 12th marks my "30th day" of the 30-day body makeover.  I will post pictures that morning of the transformation.  I kind of have a lot of things going on right now.  Ha, ha.  April 11th I will do an official 4 week weigh in - for those who have been paying monthly, this will be the day I will post those results.  Also, pictures in the green shirt and brown pants.  I took new pictures this morning for my Right Size log.  I'm a multi-tasker by nature, so this is just how I roll.

Talk soon!!

xoxo

1 comment:

  1. We at RightSize wish you the best of luck! Happy to see you are giving us a shot. Please join us on Facebook if you haven't already, and be sure to keep us up to date on your progress. www.facebook.com/rightsizesmoothies

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...