Who's Reading?

Monday, June 27, 2011

W20: D1 (June 27)

HEY!  The end of this week will be my halfway point!  How awesome is that???  I wish I had written down where I hoped to be at this point when I first started...truthfully, I think I would have said I just hope I am still working on it!  I never would have predicted 50 pounds by now.  Seriously.  Never would have predicted the running going well, either, I'm sure!  Man...just thinking back is crazy.  What a different person I have become in a short 19 weeks.  I am here to tell you ALL that it can be done!  Whatever goal you hope to accomplish, you have to believe it.  You just have to!  Make it happen, because there is absolutely nothing holding you back other than yourself. 

I'm not going to allow myself to ramble right now...I'm sure I'll get sentimental on Sunday, and I will allow myself to go on and on at that point.  So - you've been warned!

Well, today has been a great day.  Yesterday was pretty darn good, too!  I signed the boys up for a VBS at St. Paul Community Church that runs Monday through Thursday of this week, so I dropped them off there this morning.  Zoe and I went to the Maryland Farms YMCA.  I had been told over the phone I could drop her in the "YPlay" and then run the 5K route outdoors...turns out that information was incorrect.  You are allowed to run in the parking lot, if you want, but they have no distances measured.  They have an indoor track around a tennis court, but you have to run 14 laps to equal a mile and I was looking to do at least 3 miles today!  So, to keep myself from getting dizzy, I went to the Cardio Theater room and got on the dreaded treadmill.  They were showing Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles today.  Yes, seriously.  5 minute warm up walk, 28 minute run...all to the tune of Leonardo, Raphael, Donatello, and Michelangelo fighting crime.  Those brave turtles!  Eating pizza, too.  Well, I'm not going to say it was easy, but I did complete my 28 minutes of running and even completed the distance of 3.2 (over 5K!) miles!!  Yeeee-HAW.  It felt good.  When I was done.  Ha, ha!

Happy with Weight Watchers.  I blew all my "flex" points over the weekend, and I am totally fine with that.  I allowed myself to have some fun and not obsess and just made sure to keep track of ev-er-y-thing.  I get extra points when I track my exercise, too, but I am trying to ignore those extras during the week.  The weekends are harder (I'm sure lots of people find this to be true) because we are all home and trying to relax and that is when the need to snack comes in to play.  Plus, I usually do all my grocery shopping over the weekend and having a full fridge and pantry just seems to make me hungrier!  Luckily, my husband is still being extra-supportive, so I feel like he's always watching me whenever I am in the kitchen...it works. 

Well, that's all I have for today.  I haven't heard from my sister in a while, but I will be ON her about texting me a picture of the scale Friday!  She and my parents will be here this weekend (Conner is turning 5 Friday!), so at the latest I will make her get on mine Saturday, but I'm sure she will comply with getting up there Friday.  This month has flown by!  I really hope I am at my goal of 10 pounds....I have put the scale up so I am not tempted to peek this week. 

Have a great rest of the day!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...