Who's Reading?

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

W19: D2 (June 21)

This is probably going to be kinda short...I am resting my legs while Zoe takes a super long nap, and I thought it would be a good time to write a quick update! 

I will begin with exercise...resting my legs is necessary right now because I worked HARD this morning!  I am in the middle of Week 7 of the Couch to 5K program, plus my 1/2 marathon training plan starts today.  I also was googling other 1/2 marathon training programs last night...just to see what I would be expected to do today if I thought I was going to run the one in September.  SO - here is where I came up with today's workout.  C25K called for a 5 minute warm up walk followed by 25 minutes of running (or 2.5 miles).  Active Trainer's walk/run training program called for 5 minute warm up walk, followed by 3 minute run, 2 minute walk, repeated 7 times (35 minutes), then 5 minute cool down.  The running plan I found (and didn't save) said 4 miles today.  Here is what I did: 5 minute warm up walk, 25 minute run, 2 minute walk, 3 minute run, 2 minute walk, 3 minute run, 5 minute cool down walk.  TOTAL was just over 4 miles.  Whew.  Unfortunately, for the first time I had to use a treadmill...I am not a fan.  After speaking with a good friend this afternoon, I believe I am running too fast.  I'm not sure when (or if) I will hit a wall, but I am nervous to try slowing down!  I have always been more of a "sprinter"...only running when necessary to get somewhere fast or get away from someone or get to the ball.  Never ran for sport!  So, we'll see what happens.

Diet-wise, I have officially signed up with Weight Watcher's online!!!  I am very excited, actually.  Kind of getting bogged down with following my own plan and doing my own counting.  Plus, I am really excited to start using some of their recipes! 

Baby is awake and it's time to get the boys.  All for today!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...