Who's Reading?

Friday, June 10, 2011

W17: D5 (June 10)

Good morning!!  I am in a fabulous mood this morning and I truly hope it will continue!  I got my hair done last night - some new colors and a fresh cut.  Yay!  That always makes a girl feel light on her toes...add to that the incredible weight loss this 17-day diet is providing, and you have yourself one shiny, happy person.  :)

This 17-day diet is IT!!  I have to say a huge thanks to my friend, Jennifer, for the recommendation!  I also want to thank Sydney for the referral to http://www.sparkpeople.com/.  It has helped me so much to see the food I'm eating, the calorie totals each day, the calories I'm burning each day and week with my exercise.  It's awesome!  If you happen to be a member, please "friend" me...i have, like, 2 friends and one of those is the website administrator.  Sad.  Ha, ha.

Well, yesterday, I strayed a tiny bit.  I ate perfectly all day, and I even had my food decided for my dinner.  However, I made my hair appointment at the last minute, and was only able to make dinner for the kids and husband.  I made "Breakfast Pizza" for them...easy recipe from E-Mealz.  Well, it looked SO yummy and everyone was eating it SO well...I just couldn't resist.  I knew I was going to eat a piece or nothing, and sometimes eating nothing is worse for you (well, mostly eating nothing is no good)...so, I ate a piece.  Maybe 2.  Small pieces!  Nothing compared to what Shaun was inhaling!  :)  Ha, ha.  It was delicious, and I left for my hair appointment and drank a lot of water.  I still call that a success.  Especially when you see the recipe below...there really wasn't anything "bad".  Just the pizza crust is a "treat" when you haven't had bread in a while. 

Today's plan should be easy to stick to:

Day 8
Breakfast
6 ounces plain, low-fat yogurt, 1 cup of berries or chopped fruit (I have canned no-sugar added peaches and pears), you may also sweeten with Truvia or 1 Tablespoon of sugar free jam.  (I didn't need anything to sweeten)
1 cup green tea

Snack
Fruit serving (I think we are going to pick blueberries today, so this should be easy!)

Lunch
Salmon Salad (they give you the option of using canned salmon on top of a salad, but I have a frozen salmon filet that was supposed to be last night's dinner, so I'm using that)
1 cup green tea

Snack
Probiotic Serving (Kefir)

Dinner
Turkey burgers (hooray!)
Steamed vegetables
Side salad
1 cup green tea

Today seems like more food than usual?  Oh yeah!  Yesterday's "Taco Salad" was pretty good.  I kind of left out the important part...forgot to grab taco seasoning.  So, it was really just a salad with turkey burger on top.  Still yummy!  I cooked the turkey burger with some Smoky Barbecue Rub (Pampered Chef), and it was fabulous. 

Talk to you tomorrow!!  Have a great day!!

xoxo

P.S.  Everyone send me good juju and prayers and happy thoughts this evening...it's the 20 minute run workout!!!!!!!

Breakfast Pizza
It's pretty simple...well, VERY simple, actually.  Not to mention light.  If you are feeding more than 4, you may need to make 2.  Or have some hefty "sides".

1 can pizza dough
1/2 package of bacon
1 tomato, thinly sliced
4 ounces mozzarella cheese
1 egg
1/4 cup of milk
1/4 tsp. dried basil

Basically cook up the dough, I love to use the Thin Crust from Pillsbury, so you cook it ahead of time.  Cook and crumble the bacon.  Layer bacon, then tomatoes, then cheese on the dough.  Whisk the egg, milk, and basil together and then drizzle that over the top.  Cook for 15-20 minutes, until the egg sets. 

Shaun says it tastes like an omelet! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...