Who's Reading?

Thursday, June 16, 2011

W18: D4 (June 16)

Howdy!  (got tired of "good morning") 

I haven't posted in a couple days and I realize the last one was kind of a downer, so I am here to tell you Happy Days Are Here Again!  I lost two pounds last week.  Yeehaw!  Oh, wait.  I guess that is just since Monday...unless you count the zero loss for last week.  Geez, I forgot today is Thursday. 

Okay, since this is a competition month, I am only going to count the weight on June 1st - 195.5, the weight today (halfway through the month) - 191.5, and then I will weigh on July 1st.  My goal was 10 pounds.  I have so far lost 4.  Better kick it in gear now!!!

DIET:  The 17 day diet works.  There is no doubt about that.  The problem is...you have to follow it!  I was perfect yesterday.  I felt good, I ate well, I didn't get hungry till later in the evening which is fine because I have figured out to just plan breakfast and read a book (not in the kitchen) and it subsides.  I have been volunteering at my church's VBS this week, leaving the house at 5:15.  This means, eating dinner before I leave and then nothing else for the rest of the evening.  This has actually been easier to me.  Having things to distract me and actual activities in the evening is nice.  Nice for Conner, too...he's been sleeping in every morning.  I mentioned before altering my "parenting" on occasion (often), and I intend to figure out a schedule for mornings and evenings that will make sleeping a regular thing in this house.  It is getting quite ridiculous. 

EXERCISE:  Yesterday was great.  I was having a rough morning, emotionally, and I needed to run SO bad.  It really has helped me when I need to sort things out in my head or just think about nothing.  Yesterday was no exception.  The workout (week 6 day 2, Couch to 5K) called for 5 minute walking warm up, 10 minute jog, 3 minute walk, 10 minute jog.  I tracked my "mileage" separately and ended up running 1.13 miles in the first 10 minutes and 1.12 miles in the 2nd!  Yay!  This is a time I am happy to stay at...especially consistently!  My knees have been bothering me quite a bit, so I was thinking of using the Free "Injury Assessment" people at the Y.  A friend suggested it may be my shoes, too, so I might try a different pair.  I hate to do that right before the 25 minute runs begin, but I would also hate to ruin a knee! 

Well, I hope you are all doing great.  I will get on the horn with my sister and have her update us all.  She knows we are weighing today for an update...I believe her goal is also 10 pounds for this month.  She originally told me her goal is just to stay on a diet for 30 days!  Ha, ha.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...