Who's Reading?

Saturday, June 4, 2011

W16: D6 (June 4)

Good morning!  I am a little sleepy this morning because we "celebrated" Shaun being out of town with a sleepover last night!  Staying up way too late chatting with 2 friends, after putting 7 kids to bed (also way too late)...fun evening, early morning. 

Well, I am so far not hating this 17-day diet!  Yesterday, I kept track of my food intake on SparkPeople.com, as well, and I think I ate way too few calories.  However, I wasn't hungry, so maybe some calories are more filling than others I usually would choose?  I did successfully complete Week 4, but it was T-O-U-G-H!!!  As soon as Shaun got home I headed out the door...95 degrees, sun blazing, "air quality warning" on the radio.  Oh yeah.  I kept deciding to quit...but then just telling myself, one more lap (or 1/2 lap or foot or whatever), and I actually DID IT!!  If I haven't said it before, I am absolutely NOT a runner.  I played sports in junior high and high school (and even one year in college), but the conditioning portion of the season was always my least favorite.  I played soccer, but I was a goalie.  Not a whole lot of running.  :)  Also, there is something so significantly different about short sprints and long distance (ha, ha...2 miles long distance?) running...if someone was chasing me, I definitely believe I could beat them.  If they waited a few minutes and kept chasing, they would likely have no problem scooping me off the ground.  Ha.

All of that just to say I love running now!  It is the greatest escape I never knew was just sitting there and waiting  for me to find it!!  If I want to think about something, I can think while I run.  If I want to zone out and specifically not think, running offers me that option as well!  It is so obviously one of God's greatest blessings to us...you need nothing to run.  Just your body.  You don't even need shoes!!  Not sure if I have recommended this book here before or not, but I had a book recommended to me called Born To Run, by Christopher McDougall.  It was really good.  Read it.

So, I ate ONLY what was allowed yesterday.  Nothing more, nothing less.  My fruit choices were strawberries and an apple. 

Here is today's menu:

Day 2
Breakfast
     6 ounces plain low-fat yogurt, mixed with 1 cup berries (using blueberries) or other fruit.  You may sweeten the mixture with 1 packet of Truvia or sugar-free fruit jam.  (okay, as I am typing exactly what you just read, Jack just walked up with my container of blueberries as he finished off the last few.  Ha, ha, ha.  Also, just wanted to say sugar-free jam is freakin' good!!)
     1 cup green tea (I bought Luzianne Specially Blended for iced tea - Family Size tea bags (ha, ha, mom) and I made a pitcher full, I thought I would have to sweeten but I actually have enjoyed drinking it on ice with a little lime juice squeezed in)

Snack
     1 serving of fruit

Lunch
     Super Salad!  (large salad with a generous bed of greens and salad vegetables of your choice - tomatoes, onions, cucumbers, celery, etc., drizzled with 1 tablespoon of olive oil or flaxseed oil and 2 tablespoons herbed vinegar or vinegar of your choice)
     1 cup green tea

Snack
     6 ounces sugar-free fruit-flavored yogurt or 1 cup plain low-fat yogurt, sweetened with Truvia or a tablespoon of sugar-free fruit jam

Dinner
     Plenty of grilled or baked salmon with liberal amounts of any vegetables from the list
     1 cup green tea

Have a great day!!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...