Who's Reading?

Thursday, June 9, 2011

W17: D4 (June 9)

Good morning!  I dropped all four kids off at school and I am gearing up for a cleaning day.  Woohoo!  Does anyone else get excited to clean?  Usually I don't, but it is SO nice to have nobody else around and I am just able to do my own thing.  Yeehaw!

Well, yesterday went very well.  I ate on plan...until "dinner".  I made grilled chicken bites (just cut up chicken and bake it in the oven with some seasonings on it) for the kids and Shaun, and I decided to eat those instead of cooking the salmon.  Also, I just ate carrots with the chicken.  Basically, I was planning to head to the Y after naps, but then all four kids took a great nap (never happens!) and I decided that meant everyone deserved to go swimming!  This meant waiting until Shaun got home (truthfully, Henry didn't wake up until after he was home anyway!) and eating dinner before we left.  I didn't want to be too full to run, but also wanted to know I had eaten something.  Blah, blah, blah.  Summary:  I decided to just eat what was made along with the rest of the family so we could get on to the Y.

Yesterday was Workout #2 for Week 5 of Couch to 5K.  It was awesome !!!  For all of you self-proclaimed non-runners, this program is fantastic!!  I promise you on Day 1 I was thinking, no way am I going to be able to run 5 minutes in a row...let alone 8...then 20???  30????  So, I may be getting ahead of myself, but last night's workout consisted of 5 minute walking warmup, 8 minute run, 5 minute walk, and another 8 minute run.  I am running for time at this point, not distance, but I still want to make sure I am at least at the distance mark, too.  Basically, the 8 minute runs could also be done as 3/4 of a mile runs.  I beat that!  I really was hoping to get a whole mile in the 8 minutes, but nope...very, very close!!  At the Y track, 13 laps = 1 mile.  For each 8 minute run, I completed 11 laps and then a little extra.  By my calculations, this is about 0.85 mile.  Not bad!!!  Friday's workout is a 20 minute run, and I am not going to lie...I am all kinds of intimidated.  However, I know I can do it!!!!

Diet-wise, I'm not in the kitchen right now where I write on my board what I can eat today...I will try to tell you from memory...

I already ate breakfast:  1 egg, 2 egg whites, scrambled with 2 T fat free feta cheese and a little salsa on top!  Also, an apple.
Snack is probiotic plus fruit - I am planning to eat the Greek yogurt and canned peaches.
Lunch - I am actually going to make a recipe from the 17-day diet book!  It's for a Taco Salad.  Mmmmmm...and, of course, a cup of green tea!
Afternoon snack is another probiotic.  I have another container of the Kefir smoothie, so I will have a glass of this.
Dinner tonight is stir-fried veggies and chicken.  Yum, yum!

That wasn't too bad for this poor memory.  :)

By the way - did everyone see that my sister finally wrote an entry?!?!?  THANKS, JO!!!  She also texted me a photo of her scale.  I know her goal is 40 pounds, but I am not sure how much of that she is hoping to lose in the first month?  I am hoping to figure out a way to put a couple "tickers" on my blog to show the weight loss for this month.  Anyone know how to do this??

Talk to you soon, have a great day!!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...