Who's Reading?

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

W17: D3 (June 8)

Good morning!!

Well, I did speak with my sister a couple days ago and she said she had gone grocery shopping and was ready to begin her diet.  She said she would be posting blogs in the "morning"...which we then realized meant 11 am to her.  :)  However - where are you, Jo Dunkle?!?!?!? 

I will admit, I'm a little frustrated with the lack of blogging, or even just the simple picture of a scale I requested on the 1st.  I am, though, looking forward to kicking her butt at this weight loss and rubbing it all in her face when I see her over 4th of July weekend!!!  Sorry to be somewhat rude, but it's gonna be F-U-N.  :)

I just wanted to update everyone that may have been wondering.  Even if the Skinny Dippin' Rally only has one participant - just know that I am a faithful participant!  An excited participant!  I will not stray for this entire month and I intend to knock your socks off with my diligence and transformation.  I have also decided to (try to) post NO pictures until the 1st of July.  Even on Facebook.  Some of you see me in real life, but for those who are out of town - I think it will be fun to see the change over a long period of time. 

Okay!  Yesterday went well.  As I've said, I am tracking my calories on SparkPeople.com, so I do know yesterday's calorie count was a little higher than the first few days'.  I stuck to the food plan...once again very much enjoyed my salads.  Instead of ground turkey "patties", I browned some ground turkey and added it to my "side salad".  The kids liked it, as well!  It has been really fun for me to watch my children enjoying salad.  The more goodies I add in, the more they like it!  I have discovered they don't HAVE to have Ranch dressing, they like grape tomatoes, and we have a 50% approval for Feta cheese.  (Zoe and Jack are not fans)

Here's today's "schedule":
Day 6
Breakfast
     6 ounces plain, low-fat yogurt, mixed with 1 cup berries or other fruit on the list.  You may sweeten the mixture with 1 packet of Truvia or a tablespoon of sugar-free fruit jam.  (we are out of fruit today, so I think I will be using 1/2 a can of peaches with no sugar-added)
     1 cup green tea

Lunch
     Grilled Chicken breast with tossed salad drizzled with 1 tablespoon of olive or flaxseed oil and 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
     1 cup green tea

Dinner
     Any grilled or baked fish
     Steamed cleansing vegetables
     1 cup green tea

Snacks
     2nd fruit serving (I have apples, but at the Bible study brunch, there may be some other yummy fruit available!)
     2nd probiotic serving (I'm going to finish up the strawberry banana Kefir smoothie)

Okay, everyone, I hope you have a wonderful day.  Today is my 2nd workout for week 5 of Couch to 5K.  I plan to head to the YMCA after everyone naps, so it will be another air conditioned run.  Yay!  After running, I have promised Jack he can go swimming with me.  I took Henry last night and it was a lot of fun!  Shaun and I are planning to take everyone over the weekend, but when it's just me going solo, I need to keep the kid number to 1.  :)

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...