Who's Reading?

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Week Three: Day Four

Cheers to a MUCH happier day!  I forgot to mention yesterday a huge thank you to my dear friend, Erin, for her referral to http://stuffimakemyhusband.blogspot.com/!  Great recipes!!  I cannot wait to try the cauliflower pizza crust.  I really, really appreciate all of the tips I get!  Some come here and some on Facebook.  Thank you very much.

FOOD AND DRINK:  Shake for breakfast, Meal bar for dinner, snack bar for morning snack, snack bar for afternoon snack, and I just finished up 30 pistachios.  At the grocery this evening I bought some 100-calorie yogurts, so I'm super excited to try those tomorrow!  For lunch today I made a can of Progresso Light Beef Pot Roast soup (160 cals) and added one 4 ounce piece of chicken, shredded (110 cals) and 1/2 cup of macaroni noodles (210 cals).  It was really, really yummy and quite filling.  I felt like I was missing something, so I did round the meal out with a sugar free 10 calorie jello cup.  Perfect!  Had one cup of coffee this morning and water all the live-long day.

EXERCISE:  The boys had daycare today, so Zoe and I did a little bit of shopping and then came home to play outside!  We took a walk down the street, played in the yard, did some household chores.  She took a nap that ended right before we needed to leave and pick up the boys at 3.  After we got the boys, we met up with a friend and her two children at the park.  We ended up staying until almost 6!!!  Very fun and the kids ran off a lot of energy.  I mean A LOT.  I had to go to the grocery store this evening during their "dinner", so I didn't get a chance to take my own walk, but I am sufficiently worn out this evening so I must've done something right!

ISSUES/TIPS:  Nothing really new to report today.  I am loving my cup with the straw still.  Makes water SO easy to drink.  I have been looking a little longingly at Shaun's cup with ice and soda pop, but it's not an overwhelming craving.  I have been thinking a lot lately about the kids' eating habits and how I can maybe alter them a little bit to make things easier on me when I don't have such a structure eating plan.  I realize this may sound a little bit selfish, but I also would like for my kids to grow up with a healthier view of food than me.  Last night they accidentally didn't eat their dinner until almost 7 o'clock.  I really didn't think anything of it until this morning when they slept until 7 am!!  Henry is regularly up by 5 and Jack usually comes out by 6...you can see why the 7 am sleeping in was very exciting to us.  This led me to brainstorm some ways we can change our routine of eating meals in order to have them eating something substantial a little later in the evening.  We have a routine of heading to bed between 8 and 8:30, so I have now decided we will do snack at our usual dinner time of 5:30 and I will plan to begin making dinner around 6:30 or 7:00.  I am also planning to simplify our meals.  I bought some Ziploc storage containers with compartments today and each child now has one that is their own.  I filled these with "snacks" (today was leftover pizza, cheese cubes, and grapes; when that was eaten, I refilled with dry cereal and bananas) and instructed the boys that they are allowed to get those out of the fridge any time they want to snack during the day.  I plan to put lighter snacks in these (the pizza was just because I had a couple leftover pieces, won't be typical snack food) so they will not feel so tempted to ask for a bowl of cereal as a "snack" or spaghetti and meatballs.  Henry's favorite.  :)  Anyway, we shall see how these work out!  I am hoping the food being in containers will also help to make it less appealing to me!  Ha, ha.

I have a few pictures to post, but am a little too sleepy this evening to find the computer/camera cord.  Sorry!!  Tomorrow, for sure.

Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...