Who's Reading?

Monday, March 7, 2011

Week Four: Day One

Well, at the end of another week and embarking on my final week before the "billing" weigh in...I have lost a total of 15 pounds!!!  I was so, so happy to see the number on the scale this morning.  Yay!  That means I lost 4 pounds last week by doing the meal at lunch as opposed to just 3.5 the week before doing the meal at dinner.  Interesting.  Obviously I realize a half a pound difference could be coincidental.  We'll see what this week brings!

FOOD AND DRINK:  So, eating breakfast is not quite as exciting as I thought it would be.  Turns out, after three weeks of dieting, 500 calories for breakfast is kind of a lot!  This could also have something to do with the fact that we ran out of bread last night, so toast wasn't an option.  Just be warned, you might be grossed out by what I ate.  Ha, ha.  So, this morning, I got up and made everyone else breakfast, then got to work on my own.  Scrambled eggs (2 = 140 cals), 1/4 a cup of cheese (90 cals) - little note here: 1/4 a cup of cheese is a lot for 2 scrambled eggs! I actually ended up discarding a little - this totalled just 230 calories, so I made a Lean Cuisine meal.  Ha, ha, ha.  It was 260 calories, salisbury steak and macaroni and cheese.  Awesome at lunch or dinner...a little weird at 7:45 in the morning.  So, I stayed pretty full for a while.  I did have a morning snack of a cup of yogurt, but my heart wasn't really in it.  Lunch and Dinner were shakes, afternoon snack was a banana, and I just finished up pistachios for evening snack.  I have a slight confession to make.  Jack and Henry wanted to eat pistachios with me, so I counted out my 30 and then just gave them each a small handful.  Well, they started flicking them off the table, so I grabbed what was left of their small pile and added them to my own bowl!!  Gasp!!  I think I probably ate 40 pistachios instead of the "allotted" 30.  Please don't be mad.

EXERCISE:  Ooooh...I didn't even want to put this category today!  Nada.  Except constant falling to my knees in desperate prayer for the kids to CALM DOWN.  It was a rough day.  No simultaneous napping, a very very whiny baby girl, some crazy maniac boys...and all mama wanted to do was run right to the kitchen and drown my frustrations in the chicken fingers I made (from scratch) last night. 

TIPS/ISSUES:  I jumped right to the category because I did NOT eat any chicken fingers.  I didn't sneak any bites of the pizza I made for Conner this afternoon.  Nope!  I resisted all kinds of temptations today and was all set to pat myself on the back.  Then the pistachio incident occurred.  I realize it wasn't that big of an infraction, but I am still upset with myself a little bit.  Like, how can I resist all these yummy, cheesy (big weakness) foods and then "cheat" with nuts?!?  How boring!!  Ha, ha.  Well, now that the confession has been made to the important people (trust me, God and I have already discussed), I feel better and will move on.  I will go drink an extra glass of water before bed and hope all the added salt and calories will be washed away!!

By the way, I did post a super cute photo album on Facebook today of my awesome kiddos.  The only activity I could think of to do on this cold day was let them get "dressed up" and do a photo shoot!  They had a lot of fun and the pictures turned out great.  Here is the link  http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=279446&id=509288588&l=dfc21999b3

Good night!

4 comments:

  1. I'm thinking 10 extra pistachios wasn't really a cheat. They are good for you! You'll have trouble if you start feeling guilty over 10 pistachios! You're doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go, momma! You're doing so great and I'm really proud you. Follow the blog every week. I know it's super hard to find time during your crazy schedule with all your kids and being a wife, etc. I struggle with this every day too :)
    One thing I started doing is I wrote down a goal on a post it note and stuck it on the fridge. I said every day I'm going to do 100 crunches. And then whenever I would have 5 minutes I would do them. Most of the time it's at night when I go to bed. But as time went on I would add more things to the list and pretty soon you have a little tiny work out each night...:)Carrie Kovacs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tip, Carrie!! I believe I will do just that today. It certainly does get to the point where the last thing I want to do is "work out", but I also forget that every little bit helps. It's hard to mentally get out of that place that says a work out has to be 30 consecutive minutes. Although, I am looking forward to having a video to follow. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yayyyyyy AUDREY!!!!!! (And I'm SOOOO sorry for falling behind on reading your daily posts...been a crazy, CRAZY week for me, here but I'm catching-up on the posts right now!)
    15 pounds is PHENOMENAL!!!! How incredible does it FEEL to have lost 15 pounds?!?! WOW!!! I'd be jumpin' up and down like a little KID!!!
    You are amazing!!!!! <3

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...