Who's Reading?

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Week Six: Day Four

Good morning!

Yesterday was a great day.  I am feeling much better now that I'm eating some variety and "regular" foods.  I like having structure back, too.  Hooray!

FOOD AND DRINK:  Yeehaw for water.  I drank SO much water yesterday.  I have been researching the best amount to drink for weight loss and have come across three different opinions.  VERY different.  One resource said 8 glasses of water plus one additional glass per 25 pounds of weight loss desired.  Another said 1 ounce of water for half of your current weight.  A third (crazy) site recommended drinking 1 ounce of water per pound of weight you currently are carrying!!  220 ounces of water?  Sorry...I don't even know if there is enough time in the day to not only drink that, but to be in the bathroom as well!!  Ha, ha.  So, I am shooting for about 100 ounces per day.  My cup says it holds 24 ounces, but I'm not sure where that "measurement line" is, so I just try to fill it 5 times a day.  Good times.  The Special K diet really seems to be good for me!  I haven't been hungry at all, I enjoy the cereal, I am really enjoying the fruit...all around happy with it so far.  I realize it's only been one day, but I'm thinking positive!  I'll treat every day as if it's day one!!  For lunch I had a Lean Cuisine (I got enough points to win the "free" lunch bag!) and a spinach and cheese sandwich on a 100-calorie Whole Grain Deli Flat.

EXERCISE:  I got on the neighbor's trampoline yesterday with the kids and jumped HARD for about 20-30 minutes!  It was awesome!!  Heart rate up, check.  Heavy breathing, check.  Sore legs, check.  I have instructed Shaun that we MUST invest in one of these - soon!!!  The kids and I were playing a game where they tried to remain standing while I tried to knock them over with just bouncing.  It was hilarious and fun and quite the work out!  Which was necessary because I just could not find the time to do the 10-minute video I was supposed to do.  Who can't find 10 measly minutes in their day?!?!?  Me, that's who.  Crazy, yes.  True?  Yes.  The boys are apparently no longer napping, there was tons of laundry to do because we are trying to get the kids out of pull-ups at night, the dishes needed to be washed and put away...add to all of this the beautiful weather outside requiring me to be outdoors with the crazies who keep escaping from the back yard!  Anyway, I recognize this is an excuse, but I truly did try to make up for it by jumping hard and making it a point to be actively playing.  A good friend and I are planning a walk today, but I am still going to do my upper and lower body circuits this morning before taking the kids to school.

TIPS/ISSUES:  As I stated above, I really like this meal plan.  The cereals are good, 3/4 cup didn't look like much at first but it really is.  I had the fruit and yogurt yesterday and Vanilla Almond this morning.  Mmmm.  Once again, I think my biggest hurdle is exercising, but I am truly making the effort and I WILL, WILL, WILL do 20 minutes of video today.  Anything extra will be simply that...extra.  And helpful!  I am going to "hide" my scale until I have completed 10 days of this Special K plan.  I will report my pounds lost at that point, so Saturday, April 2.  Then, my official "billing" weigh date will come after 15 days of the Right Size smoothie plan...so, Sunday, April 17.  I will take pictures this day, too.  I am planning to do the cabbage soup plan again at that point...but I am getting WAY ahead of myself.  Today, I had my bowl of cereal, and I will have lunch and a bowl of cereal for dinner.  It's gonna be awesome.  :)

xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Interesting note: I met a man who is a traveling, guest speaker and he told me he did the 'mike/mark/? Hartman' body makeover (the guy used to do the people-Extreme-Makeover weight-loss part of the makeover). Anyways, he lost 35 lbs in 5 weeks and didn't exercise--just diet change. This Hartman-guy says exercise is for toning and shaping but weight-loss is by eating changes. So, even if this isn't 100% accurate, you are proving that exercise is not a MUST as much as eating what works for you!
    BONSAI!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...