Who's Reading?

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Week 31: Day 3

Can I just say I still can't believe I am in week 30's?!?  That is super fantastic.  Seriously...I don't know if I've ever truly "completed" something this long-term in my life!  I guess pregnancy, but that doesn't really count since I had very little to do with the continuation of it.  Or something.

So, I have a couple of things to pursuade you to do announce!  I am pretty darn excited...

Both of these, by the way, are Nashvillian things.  I'm so sorry.  One day, I assure you, I plan to get out in the country and "Race the States" (right, Ash?), but for the immediate future, I will be in Nashville.  Feel free to visit!

#1.  I am forming a group to train for a 5K.  Check out www.mayorschallenge5K.com if you haven't already heard about this.  Registration is free, and so is the race!  When you register, please join my group "Mamas Gettin' Fit"!!  You will log your training here and we could win something!  I'm not sure what, but winning is always fun.  The actual race will be held on November 13, and we will begin group training the week of September 26th.  We will plan 2 nights during the week to meet at 7:00 pm and Saturday mornings.  Also, the website has further information about training sessions at various parks and YMCA's around town!  It looks like a great cause and a great "excuse" to start your training today (or the 26th)!!!  :)

#2.  Dude, you have to check out http://zombiebuffet5k.com.  I am so excited about this!!!  October 29th, downtown Nashville, we will have to run from zombies!  You can sign up to either be a runner or a zombie.  There will be a 5K race, the goal of the runners being to cross the finish line with at least 1 of your 2 health flags...goal of the zombies will be to cross the finish line with the most health flags stolen off the poor runners!  I am planning to sign up as a runner and Shaun will likely be a zombie.  I cannot think of a better way to celebrate my 32nd birthday.  3 days late.  Whatever.  (by the way, I just learned of a "contest" they are running...if you DO decide to sign up and why on earth would you NOT???, please make sure to reply to your registration e-mail with my name as your referrer!)

This morning's run went great, and I really am doing well with the diet plan this week.  Hooray!  I was only able to fit in 35 minutes this morning, so I'm planning another 15-20 minutes out this evening.  I found a blog posting last night that really reminded me about the importance of fitting in various little workouts when I really don't feel like I have the time to do a full run.  Read this.  There have been days where I overslept a little bit (like today) and thought "Ugh, I don't have 50 minutes before Shaun leaves for work.  Nevermind."  And then I feel awful about it later!!  I'm thinking, spacing out my runs on some days may just kick my weight loss up a notch, too!  It was a great posting.

I hope you are all having a great day!  I will end with a couple pictures from the other day's crazy run to the park.  It was quite ridiculous.

Capri-Suns for the ride!  You are looking at 39 lbs, 31 lbs, 42 lbs, respectively...

Henry was so motivated by me, he ran 2 laps around the park! 
The track there is 1/5 of a mile.

Wooohooo!  He looked so darn cute.

Okay, getting them home was LESS than easy.  They did NOT want to get back in the stroller,
 they did NOT want to stay at the park.  They did NOT want to share seats.  Ugh. 
Anyone looking to rid themselves of a triple stroller??  Haha.

We made it home and all was well.  Mama was super sweaty and gross, but I guess that was kind of the point, right? 

Have a great day!!  xoxo
Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...