Who's Reading?

Friday, September 2, 2011

Week 29: Day 5

Hey there!

I am pretty bored today...kinda being lazy and hanging on the couch.  I thought I could muster up some cleaning motivation and energy, but it hasn't happened yet.  Now two of the three kids at home are sleeping in my room and the third is hanging out with me.  I just might take a little snooze myself...

Diet still going well.  I am a definite fan.  I saw the lowest weight on the scale that I have seen through this journey, so that has kept me from "cheating" today.  The kids wanted peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for lunch, and I didn't even have one little nibble!  Also, I set out some wheat thins and cheese for them to snack on and it was definitely, loudly calling my name.  How awesome is cheese and crackers?!?  Didn't touch a one!  NOT ONE!  I just kept saying to myself - sure, eat one, but you better be ready to see that damn 190 on the scale again!  I didn't eat any. 

I switched up the order I am eating the allotted foods today.  First thing, of course, I had my apple and coffee.  For breakfast, though, I made a sandwich with a 4 ounce piece of chicken, spinach, and salsa on two slices of whole grain bread.  When the kids were enjoying cheese and crackers I ate carrots, then at 11 I had a bowl of cottage cheese with almonds and grapes on top.  That was SOOO yum.  I would have never thought of putting nuts on cottage cheese, but I am SO addicted now.

Last night I made some sweet potato wheels from Slim Katie's blog.  Delicious.  I also made an omelet with green peppers, seasonings, and a little bit of cheese.  Tonight, I'm planning to make more sweet potato wheels and turkey burgers!  I need one more protein for snack this afternoon, but I haven't decided yet what that will be.  It's too bad I don't like hard boiled eggs because those would be SO easy.

Sorry today is a little boring.  I took the kids to Target this morning for new sneakers...did I mention on here that they are all running a 1K race on Monday!?!?  Well, the boys are.  Zoe is still a little young.  So, tomorrow morning is my first 10K (I am totally nervous.  TOTALLY) and then the kiddos will begin their race "careers" at the Franklin Classic on Labor Day.  They are very excited.  Especially now that they have new shoes!  That light up!  It's 99 degrees outside today, so we played a little outdoors, but they got tired of that pretty quickly.

Happy Friday!  I'll post tomorrow after the race.  Wish me luck!

P.S.  Shanita - I haven't gotten the Sensa yet, but I will be sure to let you know as soon as I do!

Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...