Who's Reading?

Sunday, February 13, 2011

HOW

I am getting really excited about tomorrow!!  I wanted to share with you my current plans of HOW I'm going to go about all of this.  For those who may not know, I am a stay at home mom to four children aged four and under.  For the next few weeks they will attend a Parent's Day Out program two days a week (Thursdays and Fridays), but their last day will be March 10, 2011, and we will begin full-time "mommy daycare".  I will use this blog to let you know my trials with maintaining a diet and exercise routine which will need to include the kiddos each day. 

EXERCISE:  Unfortunately, I have given up my YMCA membership for financial reasons.  It was really nice to use their facilities and be able to drop the kids off at their daycare, however, I truly got no results when I was going regularly so I couldn't justify continuing the extra cost.  I recognize the need for daily exercise, so I will be doing a MINIMUM of 30 minutes each day.  This will vary in type, possibly, but some examples will be walking around the neighborhood with the kids, running races in our backyard (this is a huge favorite).  If inclement weather should cause us to have an indoors day, we will be watching workout videos.  Worst case scenario (or maybe best case!), I will do 30 minutes of cardio and strength training during naptime.  My husband has several items throughout the house I can use, and there is always push-ups, sit-ups, and jumping jacks!  As I said, 30 minutes will be the minimum and I will not be counting playtime at the park or anything that is not specifically timed.

DIET:  I am going to meet some resistance here, but please bear with me.  I am going to start week one by doing the cabbage soup diet.  If you haven't heard of it, you can check it out yourself at http://www.cabbage-soup-diet.com/.  I will detail each day's eating allowances and requirements.  I know this needs to be a lifestyle change and I cannot do this particular eating plan for life.  However, I need a jump start.  I need something that will kick my rear in gear and this has worked for me in the past.  Many times.  After one week of this, I plan to do Slim Fast 3-2-1 Plan for the next three weeks.  I am not planning further out than that.  I am bracing myself for criticism against my choices, but please know that I have tried a lot.  If I could afford it, I would just sign up for Nutri-System or Jenny Craig and allow my choices to be made for me.  This just isn't possible FOR ME.  I will be very open and honest here, starting tomorrow with a picture of the numbers on my scale (eeeek!!), but I would like to ask that you hold back on any comments judging me for food choices I may make in the coming 40 weeks.

I am so thankful you are reading this far and I look forward to sharing the good, bad, and ugly with you!  Now I am off to my "final supper" of bean and cheese burritos!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...