Who's Reading?

Monday, November 7, 2011

Week 39: Day 1

Good morning!!!

Well, I have a lot of thoughts going through my head, but as soon as I opened the new page to start typing...they flew away.  Seriously.  Sometimes the "bullet points" format helps me...

Running:  This is driving me bananas.  Thanks to a very busy weekend of entertaining children, me picking up a shift at the restaurant, major grocery shopping trip, trime change...well, I haven't run since Thursday.  THURSDAY!  Terrible.  I needed to do a 3 miler this weekend, according to Jeff Galloway's schedule.  It says 3 miles (MM).  MM stands for "magic mile" and this is his description of what that means...
1. warm up with a slow one mile run
2. do a few acceleration-gliders (See my books Running Year Round Plan and Galloway Training Programs)
3. pace yourself as even as possible on each quarter mile
4. run about as hard as you could run for one mile--but no puking! (finish feeling that you couldn't have run more than a football field at the same pace)
5. keep walking after the time trial for 5 minutes, and jog a slow 1-6 miles, as needed for the mileage for that day
Other than #2, I was actually pretty excited to try this!  Especially since my weekend only called for 3 total miles.  When you get a "magic mile" number - the time result of #4 - he has a predictor on his website that will predict your times for various race distances.  I truly don't know why this really matters...outside of watching yourself improve?  It looks like you do this "magic mile" run every 3 or 4 weeks.

So, I HAVE to run today.  Have to, have to, have to.  Here's the problem:  I love to sleep, so I totally didn't get up early enough this morning to get out before Shaun left for work.  When he gets home this evening, the sun will set completely about 5 minutes later.  My entire neighborhood has ZERO street lights and no sidewalks and I don't own a headlamp...or even a flashlight.  I also don't own a treadmill.  My mom does, and she offered to give it to me, but we really don't have room in the house...however, it is a last minute option, I guess.  Ick. 

Also, these "problems" are not limited to today...I need to do 2 thirty minute runs each week.  Looks like I might be getting up early again...yuck.  At least it would only mean running at 6:30 am.  Not like the days of 4:30-5:00 am, right??

I am so excited that this is beginning of my final 2 weeks!!!  I have been thinking about putting together a video using my various pictures from the past 40 weeks, but I honestly have no idea how to do that.  :)  Is there a free website I could do it through?  I thought I had some sort of capabilities on this computer, but I can't find the program anymore...I'll keep looking.

I guess that's all for now.  Our play date last Friday went really well and the kids had a great time!  The biggest obstacle right now for my weekdays is the lack of a car.  We really shouldn't have sold our car before leaving Nashville, but I am moving on from that thought.  I think I just need to take this time to really find fun things for the kids to do around the house (inside AND outside).  The car situation will be solved one day, so I need to just be patient and make the most of having the excuse "we can't go anywhere without a car!"  :)

I am freaking out that the twins will turn 4 years old next week!!!  Look at this...

About to burst!  I think that was just a couple weeks before they were born...

First day home!!  Henry on the left, Jack on the right.
Couple months old...Jack on the left, Henry on the right.


Almost 4 years old!  Henry on the left, Jack on the right.
Super cute boys.  Their personalities are so funny these days.  Henry is VERY aware of his body and the things he can do.  He's very agile, but also quite accident-prone.  He is awesome at playing solo, using his imagination.  He seems to be more drawn to super-hero play with imaginary swords and "shooters" and enemies ("bad guys").  Jack loves responsibility.  He likes to make sure everyone is happy and doing what they should be doing.  He LOVES to help me in the kitchen.  Jack is heavier by a couple of pounds and taller by an inch.  Henry is built skinnier (like Shaun), but eats just as much - if not more!  They play great together, yet also fight like cats at times.  I am so excited to see what the next four years bring!  And the four after that...and four more...and more....and more...

You get the picture.  :)
Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...