Who's Reading?

Friday, October 21, 2011

Week 36: Day 5

Good (almost) afternoon!

I have had a busy day already, and I am totally ready for a nap.  Unfortunately, the children do not seem to be on the same page.  Sigh.

Well, I made it through another day of cabbage soup diet!!  Yesterday was fruits and veggies...it was tough, I'm not going to lie.  I did get a recipe for some "pumpkin cookies" from my aunt that I tried.  It involves a can of pumpkin, some nonfat dry milk, splenda, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla...I think that's all.  Oh, and Butter Buds!  Anyway, they were okay...I mean, I think in the grand scheme of "real world", they weren't good, but they were DELICIOUS to me in my "state" yesterday!  Ha, ha.  I did also use 2 laughing cow swiss cheese wedges to dip my carrots in last night, too.  Full confessions here, folks!

Today is banana day.  I finished off my first batch of the soup and have already eaten 2 of my allotted 8 bananas for the day.  I can also have up to 8 glasses of skim milk today.  It's pretty cold outside, so I'm planning to have the kids "help" me make another crock-pot full of soup for an indoors activity.  I will make a banana smoothie in an hour or so...and I'll have another bowl of soup before work tonight.  I am planning to help my sister out in the 9 1/2 Lounge after my hosting shift is over...they are open till 3 am, I believe, so it could prove to be a long night for me.  I just love being in town at the restaurant, though!  It is such a fun place...kind of small and intimate and always full of friendly people.  So fun!!!

I am sorry to be a little rambly...I am kind of sleepy.  I had an appointment at 7 o'clock this morning at the Social Services office.  I'm not ashamed to admit we need food stamps and Medicaid to help us out!  So, I was up early after a long night of creepy dreams...I was working on some of my trivia questions last night and I am having a "spooky" theme for Halloween.  I read some scary stories on the internet RIGHT before I fell asleep!  Not smart. 

Two last "real life" things before I wrap this up...

*Shaun has an interview at 2:00 today!  Yay!!  Everyone keep things crossed and send up some extra prayers that this will be the job for him.  :)

*Yesterday, Conner had to "charge" his lunch at school because he gave his $20 lunch money to a kid on the bus!  We couldn't get a straight answer out of him regarding why he would give money to another kid...I always thought the "give me your lunch money" thing was only on tv and in movies!  Anyway, today, since I had that appointment at 7 am, Shaun had to put on his big-boy-pants and confront the kid.  In the nicest way possible, of course.  So, he asked the bus driver who the kid was and I guess the kid apologized profusely and handed the full $20 over.  Haha.  All's well that ends well!

Okay, the end.

Have a great day!
xoxo

Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...