Who's Reading?

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Happy Birthday to ME!

I will pay no attention to what I eat today.  I will not report anything I eat today. 

Starting tomorrow, however, I am back on track...not sure what I'm going to do, exactly, but the 17-day diet is sounding good!  I will have to time my meals just right to make sense with my increased mileage in training, but I think I can handle it. 

I have signed up for 2 5K's this weekend!  Am I crazy?  :)  I am really, really hoping to PR on one or both of them.  I was all excited to possibly place in the one on Saturday morning because it looks like previous years have been much lower attendance than the ones in Nashville...then I see the "announcement" that they had more people register this year than ever before!  Yay!  Hahaha. 

So, Saturday morning will be the Screamin' 5K in Zion Crossroads, VA, and Sunday morning I will run in the Zombie run in downtown Charlottesville.  Fun!!!  I am hoping to get out and find something to count as a costume today.  I have orange and black striped knee socks and a bright orange tank top, but it is looking like the weather will not allow for a tank top...maybe I could just get a Halloween shirt and a witch hat?

We'll see...

So, for my Shrinkvivor check-in this morning, my weight was 184 (yay!) and I logged 235 minutes of fitness.  This number seems rather low compared to the other blogs I was reading this morning...it's sort of frustrating because a 5 mile run for me is only 50 minutes, but I have seen some of the other blogs logging 3 miles and it takes over an hour!  I don't really have extra time (or energy!) for all of that.  If I run 5 miles in 50 minutes and walk 5 minutes to warm up and 5 more to cool down...that feels like a GREAT workout to me!  I definitely don't feel like another 30 minutes of walking would be a good use of my time at that point.

Same with this weekend...yes, I have two 5K's scheduled, but that will only amount to (hopefully) 27 minutes each time, and this week's challenge is fitness MINUTES yet again!  I don't mean to sound like I am complaining...I promise.  Well, maybe  a little.  Hahaha.  In all seriousness, I am happy to have this problem!!  I am glad I can fit a good workout in at all!  It was a total blessing to find an hour to run yesterday...the kids were in rare form all morning and my mom came to save me!  She picked them up and took them to her house and the grocery store and just wore their butts out with activity.  All while I got my run done and sent a few e-mails I had been putting off.

It's not really fair, but I have to post a picture from 2 short years ago...


I say "not fair" because I realize I am pregnant in this picture, and it is not all "natural" weight...or whatever.  However, I was thinking yesterday that I needed to not be so hard on the excess around my middle because I do come by it honestly...I did weigh 260 pounds the day I had Zoe.  I did not need to weigh that much just because I was pregnant.  Even when I was pregnant with the TWINS (who totalled 14 pounds the day they were born), I didn't need to weigh that much.  You can see by the plate in my hand that I never once thought twice about anything I put in my mouth during pregnancy.  I literally referred to that time as a "reset button".  :)

So, I guess it's okay that I still have a gross "flap" at my belly...even though it is much much smaller, it is still there.  And Gross!! 

Okay, on that terrible note - have a great day!  :)  Here's a cuter picture to end on...

Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!

5 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! Enjoy your day... I am of the opinion that calories don't count on your birthday! haha! Eat all the things you have been craving and you can get back to dieting tomorrow! (At least, thats what I do!)

    I TOTALLY get the "flap" around the middle issue, I have it and have been trying to make peace with it myself. Sometimes I wish I wasn't a chicken and could do the "skin removal" surgeries.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! Enjoy your day!

    Good job on the weight loss this week. As I was reading this post you remind me so much of myself. With each one of my pregnancies I gained way too much weight. But I always had it in my head that I could eat as much as I wanted since I was pregnant and it was one time in my life that I could gain weight. With my first pregnancy I gained 45 pounds, with the second 65 pounds and with the third 52 pounds. I should have never gained that much. There was no reason!

    With my second my daughter was breech so I had to have a c-section and the way she was lying made my stomch absolutely huge. I was all out in front. Well I'm not sure if it was the way I carried her or my C-section but I have a flap of skin that just sits above my c-section scar and I absolutely hate it. I know since a lot of it is skin it will never go away unless I have surgery and it just bothers me so much but I don't think I am brave enough to have a tummy tuck to get rid of it.

    Anyways, now that I wrote a book on your post, just thought you should know you aren't alone!

    Good luck with your 5Ks this weekend and go team pink!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday and of course calories don't count on your bday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I hope it's a magical one!

    As for your belly "flap," don't forget that your wonderful belly helped bring you those beautiful kids. It'll go away one day, but be grateful that it stretched out the way it did or else you wouldn't have little oens. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you have a great birthday! You are doing AWESOME getting those minutes in while taking care of 4 kids! It is a challenge being a mom and getting healthy and you are doing a great job! You are getting there one day at a time!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...