Who's Reading?

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Week 36: Day 4

Good morning!!!

I promised every day posting, so here is a quickie post! 

DIET:  Day 3 of cabbage soup diet today, all fruits and veggies (and soup).  Going well so far...but it's only 10:48!  Haha.  Yesterday was veggies only and the best damn baked potato EVER for dinner!!  I sort of accidentally strayed a little, little bit yesterday.  I had it in my mind that chickpeas were veggies and I totally dipped my carrots in hummus!  Gasp!  My mom later informed me hummus is a protein...crap.  It was delicious, though.  ;)  So far today I have had an orange, an apple, and a bunch of grapes.  I am waiting till about 11:30 to have my first bowl of soup...I'm going to head into "town" with my mom at noon, and I plan to run for 22 minutes while there.  I am really wanting to break 27 minutes in my 5K next weekend, so I'm shooting for 2.5 miles in my 22 minutes of running today.

EXERCISE:  Oops.  Kind of covered it in "diet", huh?  Well, yesterday I didn't do any form of fitness.  As I mentioned, I want to run for 22 minutes today, and I do plan to walk for at least 10 extra minutes.  While in town, I want to visit the Charlottesville Running Company to see about joining up with a crew training for the Charlottesville Full.  I am really "itching" to get back to the trails out here, but it's been raining, so I kind of want to wait till it dries out at least a little.  I think I have a 5 miler on the schedule for next week, so hopefully we'll have several dry days in a row.  Also, I don't want to do that much running while on the cabbage soup plan.  Not enough calories and I know I will be way too hungry to stay strong if I get in a "good" workout!  Walking is "good", I'm not suggesting otherwise, I just don't find myself to be quite as ravenous afterwards as I am after a longer run...

REAL LIFE:  Ugh.  Right now I'm being screamed at, literally, by Henry because I took a pack of gum away from him.  My real life sucks.  Ha!  Shaun still hasn't landed a job, but he has had a couple of good meetings and/or interviews with people...so hopefully something great will come of it...and fast! 

The End for now!!

xoxo

Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!

1 comment:

  1. You are so good. I think I'd be chewing my own arm off by noon. You totally can do it in 27 minutes. Let us know!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...