Who's Reading?

Saturday, December 3, 2011

Saturday

This will be super short, but I am totally hoping to have some fun stuff to write tomorrow night!  I am running in the Christmas Town 8K in Williamsburg, VA, tomorrow morning.  Fun!!  Shaun and I begged asked my mom to watch the kids for an overnight trip to celebrate our 6th anniversary, and we decided to go to Williamsburg.  It's close by and there happened to be a run I could register for.  Hmmm.  Coincidence?  Yes.  I promise!

Anyway, we will be leaving town around noon-ish and plan to just hang out all day, walking around "historic" Williamsburg, drinking a few beers, watching some football?  I don't know.  No plans.  That was the only thing Shaun asked me to do...NOT make plans.  Grrrrr.

I can't wait to be away from the kids for a whole night.  Is that terrible?  I am so sick of screaming and yelling and whining and crying and fighting and peeing and poopy diapers and just this HOUSE!

Sad news yesterday, when Shaun got up in the morning he found our sweet cat, Steve, had died.  :(  It was very, very, very sad.  Steve was the most awesome pet I have ever had...and I've had a lot of pets!!  He loved the kids so much and allowed them to play with him, squeeze him, sometimes even bite him.  Haha.  He never scratched them and he put up with a lot.  He would walk with us to take Conner to the bus stop and later to pick him up.  He went trick or treating with us.  When we would go visit friends down the street, he would come along and play in the yard!  He was always waiting in the driveway or by the front door when we would return from going somewhere, and he loved to just lay around and snuggle on the couch with Shaun.  It was pretty hard telling the kids, but they seem to be comforted in hearing that he is with Jesus.  Very sweet.  I wasn't sure if they would want another cat, but they definitely do.  Right away.  We'll see.

We're supposed to be heading out for this anniversary trip and I am totally feeling like what I really want is a "by myself" trip.  Almost everything Shaun has said or done today has annoyed me.  Good sign, huh?  Sigh.

Well, I am sure the rest of my day will be wonderful, so I guess I just need to get the bad moods out of my system this morning.  Has anyone ever heard of nannograms?  I am 100% addicted.  They are sooooo time wasting....and awesome.  Ha!

Have a great weekend!
xoxo

Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!

1 comment:

  1. Have a fantastic day/night away! It's always so nice to get a break from the kids and have time w/ your spouse like that.

    Sorry about the kitty--so sad to lose a family member!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...