Who's Reading?

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Pressure

I really don't have time to be blogging right now.  Like, really don't have time.  However, it's all I feel like doing!  Hahahaha.  So, let me run and get breakfast for a child and I will finish this up...

Okay.  Lots to tell...let's do the ol' bullet point format.

  • I freaking WON something!  And it is the coolest something I have ever entered a contest to win!!  So, I have stopped entering giveaways on people's blogs because it feels like I never win and it's kind of annoying to "like" all these things on Facebook and "follow" stuff on Twitter and then have to comment about everything...boooo-ring!  What I had decided was I would only enter contests that I really, really, really, really wanted to win.  A few weeks ago I noticed a few blogs I follow were all giving away a free entry to the Blue Ridge Marathon held in Roanoke, VA (2-ish hours from me), in April!  I thought, Ooooh, cool.  If I win this, I would have to do it, right?  Once again, I freaking won.  OMG!  The blog Run Faster, Mommy! posted her winner and, when that first winner didn't respond, she posted a second winner...it was/is MEMEMEME!!!  I have already registered and begun the butterflies in the tummy.  Whew.  "America's Toughest Road Marathon". 
  • Along the lines of that news....I am still considering what to do about the Charlottesville Marathon.  There is the option of just running the half.  My sweet friend is coming to town to do the full with me, and I haven't been able to get ahold of her yet to discuss the possibility that I will only do the half that day.  We'll see...
On a side note:  I wanted to share something about what a difference one year can make.  Right now I am trying to decide whether to run 2 full marathons two weeks apart, right?  My other option is to run a half marathon on April 7th instead of a full because I am definitely (already registered) running a FULL 26.2 MARATHON on April 21, 2012.  Wanna know what I did on April 21, 2011?? 

 (excerpt from 4/22/11 blog)  EXERCISE: I took Zoe for a walk yesterday! Woohoo! I would guess we walked for about 25 minutes. I focused on not taking it slow and trying to get my heart rate up a little bit. I am having to "guess" because I checked the time when we left and when we got back, but forgot to check how much time we spent playing at the little playground. I know it wasn't 60 minutes, but it was something which is better than nothing.
That made me tear up a little bit.  If you are even considering taking up something that seems SO out of your reach...I just encourage you to do it.  DO IT!!!  You will never know what you are capable of until you go for it and actually TRY. 
  • Okay, I got my new shoes in and took them out for their first run last night.  Very nice.  I got the Ryka Revive 2 from Zappos.com.  They are super cute.  Definitely more padded than my Kinvaras, but they still aren't "heavy" - they weigh just 9 ounces.  They were on sale for $49.99.  That's the best part.  LOL  My knee had ZERO pain last night during my 5 mile run, and my pace was definitely not affected.  The only strange thing was my steps sounded funny?  I think it is easier to mid-strike in the Kinvaras, maybe, and I needed to rethink my foot fall with these?  Either way, as I said, no knee pain...I also have no other pain.  I feel great this morning and I am really liking these as a training shoe!
I have to get dressed for Bible study.  I am really, really, really looking forward to today's meeting because we are setting time aside for fellowship since it's our last meeting until the end of January!  Eeek!!

I will find time to write tomorrow about two virtual 5K races I am entering...thanks to Jenn at Running For My Life.

Have a great day!!!   xoxox
Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...