Who's Reading?

Sunday, January 1, 2012

WC1 recap, WC2 announcement, etc.

Good evening!!

Well, here's the breakdown of my first weekly challenge...

MONDAY: 12 minute "Floor Aerobics" video, 12 minute "Upper Body" video, 10 minute Yoga video = 34 minutes!
TUESDAY: 5 minutes of a Cardio Dance video (laughing too hard to finish!), 25 minutes of "Pilates Butt", 8 minutes of "Total Body - Pilates" = 33 countable minutes!
WEDNESDAY: 15 minutes of Pilates, 20 minutes of Body by Fitness with Gilad in Jerusalem (!!!ahahaha), 5 minute abs, about 10 minutes of yoga...some extra ab work...=50+ minutes
THURSDAY: 5 minute "sample" of Advanced Walk it Off with Leslie Sansone (totally want to buy this series!), 30 minute Pilates Pump from On Demand. (truthfully, I got to 27 minutes of the Pilates and Zoe vomited for the THIRD time since I started the video and she was all done with daddy taking care of her)...still = 32 minutes!
FRIDAY:  12 minute Full Body workout. 
SATURDAY:  No videos
SUNDAY:  12 minute Upper Body video, 6 minutes of a Yoga Abs video, 12 minute "Crunch Crew" workout.

So, as you can see...started the week off strong, and then Friday and Saturday were no bueno.  I have excuses, wanna hear them??  Well, Friday I had to go to work.  I did the 12 minutes and then I had to get some dinner into the oven and then I had to get dressed, yadda yadda yadda.  Saturday I ran a 5K at 11am and had to leave for work at 4 pm.  Between playing around with the kids and feeding everyone...and a little nap...I did not find the time.  I say "find" because I am sure I had the time.  I just didn't do it. 

I'm going to do a little mini-recap of the 5K.  It was called First Night 5K.  Official finish time: 27:09.  5th in my age group, 57th overall.  The course was a little weird, we went out about 2 tenths of a mile and then came back to the starting line (to "thin out" the crowd), then ran a little under a mile and half loop twice.  It was nice to know what was coming up the second time, but it was a little disheartening to run past the finish line!  My main goal was to not get lapped by the winner(s)...it was close!  We ran through the amphitheater (start/finish line) at 14 minutes and first place finished in, like, 16!  That's a fast dude.

This race was my running/training partner, Jenn's, first race ever and she was right there with me the whole time!  I think we should try running seperately next time because I feel like we both held back just a little for the other.  There was one point where she really wanted a quick walk break and then I needed the same on a particularly grueling hill.  I love running with her and I think we are very well matched, but I would like to see what she can do without me.

We set a New Year's resolution together of PR'ing every race.  We will run one race per month and try to beat our pace or time from the month prior.  Fun!  Now...the marathon doesn't count. 

So, last week's challenge, I am going to say I "FAILED".  I'm not happy about it, and I sort of toyed with calling it a success since my overall time averaged out to 30 minutes per day, but that wasn't the original rules.  It's okay.  I'm not afraid of failure.  I definitely see how important the cross training is and I love the Upper Body and Pilates workouts I did!  These were short enough that I do believe I will incorporate these a few times each week.  I feel new muscles being worked and that is a fun, fun feeling.  Also, the kids love to do the Pilates video with me...instructor's name is "Tonya" and the boys call her "Lasagna".  Hahahahaha.  So, I don't think I could get away with no more "Pitties with bazonya" .

This week's challenge is a great one.  It is such a lost "art" or whatever you want to call it.  The challenge is "Hand write a personal thank you note each day."  This can be to someone you know, or just an acquaintance, or even someone you encounter who really wows you with something!  Someone you feel thankful towards.  It is not only important to recognize these moments, but I feel so strongly that others need to know when these moments have occurred and how they have made you feel.  I will report each day on who my thank you note went to and either details of the incident or the exact wording of the note.  Hand written is also so important because way too often we all rely on email or text for personal interaction - I am sososo guilty of this.  I love to text.  Tomorrow I have to grab some meds from CVS (Jack's strep throat is back, booo!), so I plan to get a pack of blank thank you notes so I will have them with me.  Remember my Dear Santa post?  Well, all the notebook paper in this house has been written on.  All.  Of.  It.

So, that's the challenge for this week!  Who's in??  How did last week's 30 minutes a day go for you?  Did you succeed???  Did you find new time in your days to fit some new fitness in?

Have a great evening...and Happy New Year!

xoxo

Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...