Who's Reading?

Saturday, December 1, 2012

And so it begins...again...

Good morning!!  Let the games BEGIN!

I weighed in this morning, and I'm just going to go on record as saying I will only accept 40 pounds lost over the next 20 weeks.  Ugh. 

I am going to have a quick pity party.  Or something like that. 

I worked SO hard and went SO far!  I had so many people supporting me in various ways, I took up running and honestly feel in the best shape of my LIFE at this point!  I ran a whole freakin' marathon!  I laughed at signing up for a measly 5K!  I looked at a 2 mile run on the schedule as a joke and always ran at least 1 extra!  I had family and friends all rooting for me and cheering me on along the way.  I lost 54 pounds!!  WHAT HAPPENED??  I have the excuses...I moved.  Started a new job.  New job just so happens to be in a deliciously yummy awesome restaurant where the bread and pasta is a'plenty.  I still have 3 kids at home full time.  I began making new friends.  Had to find a new church.  Etc. Etc.

I am still so frustrated to step on the damn scale this morning and see this:


Grrr.  218.8??  From my beginning (almost 2 years ago) weight, I am still at least down 20.  If I have to find a stupid silver lining.

Can you tell I am disappointed?  I don't know what I was expecting, but it wasn't this.  It just wasn't.

So, still...40 pounds down would be 178.8...that sounds like a lovely goal to me!  I am going to try this a little bit differently and set mini goals throughout.  The math might not work out short term, but it should all end up being about 2 pounds per week at the end.  Considering the way I have been eating and drinking and just generally not caring lately...well, I expect some rather quick loss in the beginning.  I have partnered up with my sister and a co-worker (and possibly more people soon!) to set a goal for the month of December.  We have our company Christmas party on January 2nd, so each of us have set a number of pounds we would like to lose before the party.  Because I am promising nothing on that night!  :)  Just kidding.  I will actually plan to be very conscientious of what I eat and drink that evening and definitely up the workout on the day of and the day after. 

I am getting ahead of myself, though.  Starting this morning I got a good night's sleep (hooray!) and did some light cleaning of my daughter's bedroom before blending up 2 juiced apples, ice, and a slim fast shake.  It made a huge frothy mess, but it was actually quite delicious!  Here's proof...


So, shake number one is down for the day!  I will be eating a 500 calorie lunch with the family and I will pack some veggies and a shake for tonight at work.  My December goal is 19 pounds because I think it is very important for me to get below 200 quickly!  I realize this sounds a bit high, but I have NOT been drinking water and I have been eating way too many carbs for a while.  Including daily M & M's.  Seriously.  DAILY.  I began putting them in my yogurt for breakfast.  It's freakin' good.  :)  I am also going to cut out my  morning coffee because I have become accustomed to creamer in there and I think it is better to just cut it out entirely. 

I'm thinking the first 19 pounds will be easy.  It's the ones after that that are going to s-u-c-k.  However, maybe I should join the girls and their 10 pound December goals?  Just so I don't get discouraged if the first 19 fight me?  Ok.  10 pound December goal it is. 

I also kinda want to get some "prizes" for myself.  When I lose 10 pounds, I am buying a brand new Bible.  A super cute one with the tabs in it and maybe even a fancy case!  Oooooh. 

All right.  Enough for now.  Time to head to the grocery store and restock our bare fridge!!  Have a great day,

Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...