Who's Reading?

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Frustrations

Surely I'm not the only one who feels like every 3 steps forward results in 3 1/2 back?  SIGH. 

I'm loving this 24-day challenge!  The 7 days away from Facebook and blogging were fine.  No big deal, really.  I ended up getting on Facebook accidentally (I am automatically signed in on the Kindle Fire and the internet pulled it up when I was trying to do a google search!), I went to close it quickly, but my fast reading skills distracted me with a friend's terrible news of being in the hospital!  I had to read further, and then I just figured I might as well catch up with everyone.  I think this was on Saturday, so I wasn't too far from the end.

Anyway, back to my 24 day challenge.  It's going very well.  I will admit I have run into some "obstacles"...mainly bread going in my mouth.  Damn bread.  Today is day 8 of the cleanse and I am down 3.7 pounds (even though a few days ago I was down 5.7!) as of today, and I feel lighter and healthier and way more alert.  WAY more alert.  This morning I realized I haven't had coffee in a week and I was more cheerful at the bus stop with Conner than usual.  I haven't taken him to the bus stop since Friday, so it is the first time I have actually felt awake by that time of day!  (Monday was a snow day and Tuesday the schools were closed to allow students and faculty to attend the high school's basketball playoff game in Richmond)

T.M.I. SENTENCE:  I was really worried about the "cleansing" aspect of the 10-day cleanse, but it has not caused me to be any different than normal.  That's all I'm going to say about that.  ;)

So, here's where my major frustration is lying at this moment.  Last week I bought a car (hooray!).  I bought it at an auction - which was SO much fun, and I am totally addicted it's a good thing I don't have enough money to just keep returning every Wednesday evening! - and I started it up the next day and drove it home.  The day after that, it wouldn't start.  We had a mechanic come by who told us we needed a new battery, new sensor, and it wouldn't hurt to replace the belts.  Fine.  Cost he quoted us would still have us under the Blue Book value of the car, and I would still feel like I got a good deal.  So, he orders the stuff, comes back Sunday to fix it all up...except the sensor is the wrong one.  He returns Monday with another incorrect sensor.  Apparently my car is a limited edition (what?) and the sensor has to be specially ordered and his contact apparently didn't know that....or something.  UGH.  Meanwhile, I got the tags and my Runner Girl sticker and I'm just so ready to D-R-I-V-E!!!

I arranged with my mother to go for a run today while she watches the kids....guess what's on the schedule?  @14 miles.  I say "@" because I have to keep changing my training schedule and my mileage and I still haven't run farther than 12, but I am so damn determined to get at least a 14 miler under my belt!!  The guy who is supposed to work lunch today called this morning and now mom has to go in so I have to settle for going to the gym.  Where I will most definitely NOT be running 14 miles on the treadmill.  Not necessarily just because it's a treadmill, but also because I don't have that much time before the gym daycare closes.  DARNIT!!!!! 

Let me try a positive spin.  There is always a way, right?  Well, I can do as much as time allows at the gym and then get out and do 6 when Shaun gets home.  Good training for Ragnar, right? 

Have I mentioned Ragnar here yet?  While I realize I keep second guessing my decision to run a marathon and I keep struggling with things like keeping up with a simple training program - the bottom line is, I recognize running is good for me and I enjoy it (when I'm not stressed about finding the time), and I have been looking into new challenges to keep my spirits high.  In November there is a Relay Race from Chattanooga to Nashville.  196 miles, 12 person team, you run for 2 days and one night.  Each team member will run 3 legs.  The distances and level of difficulty vary, but I see several that I would be interested in trying.  I am sososo excited about this!  There is one in D.C., too, but the timing doesn't work for me this year.  Maybe next year!  Maybe I will set a goal of doing every Ragnar offered!  Oooooooh.

By the way, so far I have come up with a team of 5 girls.  If you are interested, please let me know!  It doesn't have to be all girls, but I do think that would be kind of cool.  3 of the 5 have names starting with the letter "A", so if you are an "A" name as well that rocks.  ;)

****************
Forgot to post before leaving for the gym!  I rocked the elliptical for 50-ish minutes and read more of my book.  LOVING this Kindle Fire.  Oh, it is awesome.  I am currently reading "Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close"...it is rocking my world.  Sooooo good.  It is so good I was considering writing a book report about it!  For nobody.  Just because I am that big of a nerd. 

Anyway, I still feel like I have some energy reserved for this late afternoon!  I will head out for my 4 mile loop and maybe add an extra loop at the end if I'm feeling it. 

xoxo



Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...