Who's Reading?

Friday, May 6, 2011

Week Twelve: Day Five

Did I really not post yesterday?!?  Oops!  More sleeping in, I guess. 

Good morning!

I hope you aren't getting sick of the progression pictures...because here is another one!  Shaun and I love hockey.  Truth be told....Shaun LOVES hockey, I like competition and sports and hockey involves both.  Plus, the games are REALLY fun to attend.  Okay, this leads me to picture number one...taken at the Nashville Predators vs. Detroit Red Wings game.  Shaun is from Michigan, so this is a very fun match-up for us. 

February 5, 2011

Last night, exactly 3 months later, we attended the second home game of Round 2 in the playoffs, Nashville Predators vs. Vancouver Canucks.  Picture number two was taken at the same booth. 

May 5, 2011

Nice, right?! 

FOOD:  As I stated before I do NOT like the chocolatey delight Special K cereal.  I tried it one more time, added bananas, and still was not a fan.  I checked the labels of the other cereal options in the house (luckily, there are MANY...lots of coupons and kids who will eat cereal anytime leads us to have a stocked pantry!), and the Honey Nut Crunch has the same calories and less fat grams, so I assumed it would be an okay substitution.  YUM.  Still eating the Activia first thing in the morning, too, so I am not adding any fruit to the cereal.  Zoe and I had quite a full day planned, but absolutely nothing went as "planned".  We ran to the grocery store after dropping off the boys to get that out of the way and came out to find a flat front tire!  I was on E, so I had to stop at the gas station ($95+ to fill up.  UGH) and put some air in the tire to get over to NTB across the street.  They said it would be about an hour, so the manager suggested I take the groceries home and then bring the van back.  Shaun called the NTB closer to our house and they told him the wait would be about 2 hours!  To plug a tire?!  Luckily, I complained to my next door neighbor who has a handy tire patch kit and had me all fixed up in minutes!!  We were going to head out to meet with a friend and go walking, but Zoe was verrrrry sleepy by this point.  With all of this "drama" and confusion, I just snacked on broccoli, carrots, and apples.  Never got around to that mid-day bowl of cereal (we were meeting friends for dinner, so I was saving my meal).  I ate a Special K snack bar on the way to pick up the boys from school, then really paid NO attention to any calorie count for my dinner last night.  I don't even want to know.  Haha!  I feel like I ordered the "healthiest" option (outside of a salad) on the menu...it was a Turkey Melt.  I only ate 3 french fries!  I did drink 2 beers at dinner...and a few more at the game.  I drank a LOT of water when we got home, and had already drank all my 100 ounces during the day.  I peeked at the scale this morning and haven't lost any ground (yet).  :)  I've blogged before about continuing with real life and living...I'm not going to do it again.  LOL

EXERCISE:  Well, I tried to take Zoe for a neighborhood walk, hoping she would just fall asleep, but she got VERY fussy about 10 minutes into it, so we just went back home.  20 minutes of walking is better than no minutes of walking!  Oh yeah, and we parked a few blocks from the arena last night!  Does that count?  Today I am taking the kids all out to see my grandfather and we are going to stop by this very large park to play for a bit.  I will concentrate on keeping my abs tight while I make a fool of myself on the playground. 

TIPS/ISSUES:  I may have said this before, but WATER IS SOOOO IMPORTANT!!!  I am shooting for 100 ounces per day.  It can be annoying to have to pee so often, but your body really does adjust to that rather quickly.  It is cleansing and nourishing and just so darn good for you.

Have a great day/weekend!!!  HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...